HMMMMM

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43":2gkcswg4 said:
I believe the world population to sustain itself will have to have a major die off, the most productive land is being destroyed by development , fresh water resources are being over used by the population growth. At some point things will have to reverse itself.
In 1944 eighteen year olds were storming the beaches of Normandy
In 2016 eighteen year olds need safe spaces from words and facts that might hurt their feelings

We need a great fire to sweep from ocean to ocean and start fresh

inyati13":8vu5rjkj said:
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived."
― Isaac Asimov
"If there were no God, there would be no atheists."-GK Chesterton

I believe a person with a sound, inquisitive mind brought up in what most would consider poor economic setting often become the problem solvers. They become very creative, because they take what is around them and make it into something they need.

Education is everywhere. It's when people think their formal education is so valuable, they become worthless. Formal education without application is a hobby!

Mike Rowe has started an organization to help people get started in the trades. Not all people need or should have a college education. There are jobs every where that are going begging becuase folks have been brainwashed into believing that you need a degree. Without the plumbers all of those college grads would be SOL. Applies to a lot of other "bluecollar" jobs as well.

dun":3suug6x0 said:
Mike Rowe has started an organization to help people get started in the trades. Not all people need or should have a college education. There are jobs every where that are going begging becuase folks have been brainwashed into believing that you need a degree. Without the plumbers all of those college grads would be SOL. Applies to a lot of other "bluecollar" jobs as well.
That type work is "below" some folks. If they'd do a bit of research they would be amazed what a good plumber, electrician, bricklayer that runs a tight ship and does good work can make per year. But it is WORK!!!!!

It's also hard to believe how much you can save being your own plumber, carpenter or mechanic. I know lots of folks that make more than I do, and they spend lots more than I do. It's not how much you make, its how much you keep that matters.

True Grit Farms":32egyt8i said:
It's also hard to believe how much you can save being your own plumber, carpenter or mechanic. I know lots of folks that make more than I do, and they spend lots more than I do. It's not how much you make, its how much you keep that matters.

You don't want a dollar waiting on a dime either. Know a guy with a leaking roof. Small leak. Its leaked for years. He still hasn't gotten around to fixing it and now he has black mold inside the house.

dun":2r53tm69 said:
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.
Isaac Asimov

If darwinism applied to politics, Washington would take care of themselves on that common sense thing.

True Grit Farms":2dqpngj9 said:
In my case I learned a long time ago that if I need plumbing work, hire a plumber. I'll end up calling him anyway. Same with carpenters, mechanics whatever. It's their specialty not mine.

TexasBred":3vu5ydhb said:
True Grit Farms":3vu5ydhb said:
In my case I learned a long time ago that if I need plumbing work, hire a plumber. I'll end up calling him anyway. Same with carpenters, mechanics whatever. It's their specialty not mine.

I have learned that I can do some light plumbing, carpentry, etc. But if it is very extensive I get a pro. But the other thing I have done is cultivate friendships with people who do those trades. I have fell trees, hauled livestock, sold them beef at cost, and anything else which I can provide to them. In exchange they will help me when I need help. My Dad built three houses over the years with a combination of his own labor and assistance from friends in the trades. All he was out was the cost of material. Of course in the years between building those houses he helped then with a number of their projects.

I'm not a smart guy
Lots of very intelligent people in the world, I fathered one that was rerouted and now at MIT, but theyre are some truly ignorant people in the world. The presidential race has brought them out in full force. Its sad world

M-5":a9h2awsb said:
Only thing I've ever hired out is HVAC work at home. I do have to use a mechanic if it is other than normal maintenance mainly because the modern equipment is needed on today's vehicles.

Same here. I ain't to lazy to do it and I ain't too dumb to learn. With the Internet at my fingertips, there is a wealth of info to help you do most things. But I do leave HVAC alone.

The thing that I find the pros really have going for them is all their tools and the ability to buy the right part the first time. I have done some things around the house for plumbing work, but I find that when the real plumber comes he has everything he needs. That's why they get paid the big bucks to do their job and I get paid the bucks to do mine.

True Grit Farms":11u9ogea said:
I've pretty much decided that Ron is a jackass. And I didn't even need a college education to come up with that. I haven't noticed anyone preaching on here for a while now, but in a couple of different threads the jackass has knocked Christians.
That's not right.

Interesting as to who feels the need to resort to name calling.

Commercialfarmer":2ljge5wy said:
inyati13":2ljge5wy said:
"Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived."
― Isaac Asimov

:D The irony. Is this the exception? You know, the one time that the thoroughly educated in theology and Jewish history are idiots because they disagree with the layman's interpretation?

'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.
:D

All of a sudden I don't here a rebuttal.

Larry

dun":25n18f22 said:
Mike Rowe has started an organization to help people get started in the trades. [b]Not all people need or should have a college education. There are jobs every where that are going begging becuase folks have been brainwashed into believing that you need a degree. Without the plumbers all of those college grads would be SOL. Applies to a lot of other "bluecollar" jobs as well.

[/b]

In the words of Rush "Right on, Right on, Right on". I think that there are too many young people out there with 100000 worth of student loans who cant get a job because there degree is in something absolutely undesireable in the workforce. I have a 4 yr. degree that i dont really use in my current occupations. The one thing that i will say about college is that it makes you see and think about things differently. It also introduces you to many new experiences and people that you can utilize later in life.

If my kids dont want to go to college, im not going to push the issue. I think that they do need to find some type of trade that they are passionate about and are happy doing and pursue it.

Latest posts