Hmmm...

Help Support CattleToday:

Craig-TX

Reaction score
This may be something that most of you already know, but is information all Americans need to know:

a.. Enron's chairman did meet with the president and the vice president
in the Oval Office.

b.. Enron gave $420,000 to the president's party over three years.

c.. It donated $100,000 to the president's inauguration festivities.

d.. The Enron chairman stayed at the White House 11 times.

e.. The corporation had access to the administration at its highest levels and even enlisted the Commerce and State Departments to grease deals for it.

f.. The taxpayer-supported Export-Import Bank subsidized Enron for more
than $600 million in just one transaction. Scandalous!!

g.. BUT...the president under whom all this happened WASN'T George W. Bush.

SURPRISE ......... It was Bill Clinton!

This is an interesting bit of information that you don't hear much about
in the media

And it was not only Enron
Bills favorite supporter was Tyson (you know the ones caught importing illegal aliens to work in their plants, and violating every state and local EPA regulation know to man, not to mention buying off evry judge in Arkansas)

Looks to me like they were friends. Probably similar to being friends with someone on this board, then finding out that they were committing criminal acts. Are you proposing that they were "partners in crime?" Possible, but the letters look like nothing more than a friendship to me.

The "smoking gun" is pretty much the "National Enquirer" of the internet

dun

dun":3hp6f4ha said:

dun

Please don't shoot the messenger!

DR, nah, dont believe they were partners or anything, just showing that everyone has skeletons in their past that they wish were'nt there! GW probably wants a do-over on that relationship as much as Kerry wants a do-over on some of his war antics.

eric":kte7hs34 said:
dun":kte7hs34 said:

dun

Please don't shoot the messenger!

DR, nah, dont believe they were partners or anything, just showing that everyone has skeletons in their past that they wish were'nt there! GW probably wants a do-over on that relationship as much as Kerry wants a do-over on some of his war antics.

I'ld like a do over on my sister and her kids. They're so liberal they make carry look like a right wing extremist.

dun

I am a undecided voter & have not taken sides. But I heard on the radio a similiar connection but between the Bush's and Bin Laden's. About bin laden financing Bush's first oil company, bin laden's getting some big rebuilding contract after an attack in the middle east & that George Sr was meeting with Osama's brother in New York on the morning of 9/11.

There are definite links between the two families. However that does not change how you should vote. George W's war terrorism has made him money (price of oil up) and stimulate the economy.

Indifferent":30uvv78f said:
I am a undecided voter & have not taken sides. But I heard on the radio a similiar connection but between the Bush's and Bin Laden's. About bin laden financing Bush's first oil company, bin laden's getting some big rebuilding contract after an attack in the middle east & that George Sr was meeting with Osama's brother in New York on the morning of 9/11.

There are definite links between the two families. However that does not change how you should vote. George W's war terrorism has made him money (price of oil up) and stimulate the economy.

Blood or a family name doesn't always mean a whole lot. Most of us have relativees that are pretty much considered to not be part of the family tree even though they're related. If someone doesn't benefit from faily ties, what difference does it all make.
BTW, the news a couple of days ago debunked the story of the Bush family spiriting the bin laden family, sometimes it was reported as the saudi royal family, out of the country after 9/11. I pretty much put it all down to BFD.

dun

Aw come on GP the democrats have courted the illegal alien vote for decades, now that the republicans are too you want to cry foul?

P.S. GP I have Wally World stock too :)
If you apply at wally world they will hire you (they are a very "disabled frendily" employer)
The number of illegals at all Wally worlds put together are far fewer than at any single Tyson plant.
Walk in a Tyson plant and hollar INS and see how many workers remain at their stations :)
You would think somebody yelled fire

Sorry but there is no Wally World here....the closest one is 3 hours or so away from me.
Funny you mentioned the INS. A family friend works in construction (and damn good at it!). One day someone spread a rumor the folks from the Immigration was about to visit the construction site...the rumor spread like fire and less than an hour over 80 workers left as fast as rabbits running for their holes! Only about ten guys (including the family friend and his son) were the only one left! It is amazing how many immigrants are in our country taking good jobs from under our rugs.......

greenpasture78":2tsiv9ff said:
Sorry but there is no Wally World here....the closest one is 3 hours or so away from me.
Funny you mentioned the INS. A family friend works in construction (and be nice good at it!). One day someone spread a rumor the folks from the Immigration was about to visit the construction site...the rumor spread like fire and less than an hour over 80 workers left as fast as rabbits running for their holes! Only about ten guys (including the family friend and his son) were the only one left! It is amazing how many immigrants are in our country taking good jobs from under our rugs.......

And a lot of those jobs are "beneath" what many Americans would be willing to do. They may whine about no jobs, but it seems very few people want those lower paying low prestige type of jobs.

dun

Common Dun
Greenpasture wants a job that he can start at the top.
I have an opening for just that type of job. But he will have to work his way down.

The Title for the position that needs to be filled is:

POSTHOLE DIGGER

And a lot of those jobs are "beneath" what many Americans would be willing to do. They may whine about no jobs, but it seems very few people want those lower paying low prestige type of jobs.

dun[/quote]

Which I can not understand for the life of me either! Back when we were building our house, I did the general contracting thing myself, so I dealt with these folks everyday. The guys who did the concrete, framing, bricklaying and drywall were all Hispanic laborers. I paid these guys quite a bit of money, as I am sure most home builders do, and I dont understand why more young guys dont get into this line of work anymore. A guy can make $15-$20 bucks an hr easily doing these jobs! Heck the framers framed my house in about 2 1/2 weeks and made almost $19K! It was a foreman and about 6 helpers, and one of them was a woman. They made her get on the rafters since she had the smallest feet and best balance!

Maybe the same reason we cant find any one who wants to be machinists anymore. Noone wants to work hard and actually get a little dirty and sweaty nowadays! But there is still some good money to be made if a man learns a trade and gets good at it!

dun[/quote]

Which I can not understand for the life of me either! Back when we were building our house, I did the general contracting thing myself, so I dealt with these folks everyday. The guys who did the concrete, framing, bricklaying and drywall were all Hispanic laborers. I paid these guys quite a bit of money, as I am sure most home builders do, and I dont understand why more young guys dont get into this line of work anymore. A guy can make $15-$20 bucks an hr easily doing these jobs! Heck the framers framed my house in about 2 1/2 weeks and made almost $19K! It was a foreman and about 6 helpers, and one of them was a woman. They made her get on the rafters since she had the smallest feet and best balance!

Maybe the same reason we cant find any one who wants to be machinists anymore. Noone wants to work hard and actually get a little dirty and sweaty nowadays! But there is still some good money to be made if a man learns a trade and gets good at it!

I wouldn't mind doing those type of works.....nothing is more American then working while sweating! Once I did apply for an trade school however they wanted too much personal information (right over the phone!), I told them if you want personal information, mail the forms......they never did so I knew it was a scam. I think it was Decker School or something like that..... I looked in other trade schools but they were pretty expensive... I am never good with tools but I do my best.
BTW, I did some concrete (well not me just help clean and doing errands...it was my first time watching concrete work being done). I worked hard enough to get my shirt and pants dirty! See? I am not afraid to get dirty! Never call me a lazy bum again that means you LA4 and Texan!

greenpasture78":23cfkwie said:
I wouldn't mind doing those type of works.....nothing is more American then working while sweating! Once I did apply for an trade school however they wanted too much personal information (right over the phone!), I told them if you want personal information, mail the forms......they never did so I knew it was a scam. I think it was Decker School or something like that..... I looked in other trade schools but they were pretty expensive... I am never good with tools but I do my best.
BTW, I did some concrete (well not me just help clean and doing errands...it was my first time watching concrete work being done). I worked hard enough to get my shirt and pants dirty! See? I am not afraid to get dirty! Never call me a lazy bum again that means you LA4 and Texan!

YOUR A JOKE................ :roll: :roll:

The illegal immigrants come up here from $5 a week to $5 an hour and they think they are in big money. They take all the jobs that the lazys of this country won't because they think they are better than that. I won't disagree with the fact that the immigration has to be controlled but.... We wouldn't get half the dirty work done in this country that we do without them. JMO

Latest posts