Hmmm...

Help Support CattleToday:

Craig-TX

Reaction score
A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered altitude and spotted a man in a boat below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consulted his portable GPS and Replied, "You're in a hot air balloon approximately 30 feet above a ground elevation of 2346 feet above sea level. You are 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude."

She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Republican.

"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well, answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."

The man smiled and responded, "You must be a Democrat." "I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"

"Well," said the man, you don't know where you are or where you're going. You've risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but somehow, now it's my fault."

That is funny! Around here I'm in the middle of coal miners and steel workers. When you say something about being a registered Republican, you may as well have shot the preacher!

certherfbeef":1f8q9vt4 said:
That is funny! Around here I'm in the middle of coal miners and steel workers. When you say something about being a registered Republican, you may as well have shot the preacher!

And there living in the past of the fifties and sixties. When I started in the oil industry as a union hand most of us were democrats also. We were smart enough to figure out the dems were representing every special intrest group, and had forgot about the white working man.

NOW THAT'S GOOD. I'LL MAKE SURE TO PASS IT ON!!!

I WASN'T AWARE THAT THE OIL INDUSTRY HAD A UNION.? I'M AWARE THAT IN SOUTH AMERICA, THEY HAVE VERY ORGANIZED UNIONS.

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT OIL INDUSTRY AS IN THE PRODUCTION SIDE?
REFINERIES, PIPELINES , ETC. ( I WORK IN THE DRILLING SIDE)
BILL

MULDOONBILL":1q9ncbsw said:
NOW THAT'S GOOD. I'LL MAKE SURE TO PASS IT ON!!!

I WASN'T AWARE THAT THE OIL INDUSTRY HAD A UNION.? I'M AWARE THAT IN SOUTH AMERICA, THEY HAVE VERY ORGANIZED UNIONS.

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT OIL INDUSTRY AS IN THE PRODUCTION SIDE?
REFINERIES, PIPELINES , ETC. ( I WORK IN THE DRILLING SIDE)
BILL

I talking refining, chemicals and pipeline were represented by the OCAW oil chemical and atomic workers. A few years back they merged with the paper workes union and it is now called PACE. I have no idea what this stands for. I am in management now for the largest gasoline refinery in the country which has been union for fifty years.

Latest posts