Hmmm ... maybe my son is smarter than I thought!

Help Support CattleToday:

CowboyBlue

Reaction score
Well, I WAS crabby with my son because he up and took off a bull calf to the auction the other day, and I told him he was too young and to wait another couple months. He told me he was tired of waiting on me to go to the farm with him on Saturdays, so he just loaded him up by himself. I reckoned we would chalk this up to a learning experience for the young ....

Turns out this bull calf weighed 680 and brought 1.37, the highest price we have ever been paid per pound! Maybe he wasn't too young after all ...

And .... could it be ... maybe my kid is learning the business quicker and better than I hoped????

CowboyBlue":3f1vjifm said:
.... could it be ... maybe my kid is learning the business quicker and better than I hoped????

Could very well be! That's a more optomistic way of looking at it, rather than being just lucky. ;-)

Katherine

well it could be that he sees something that needs doing so he does it.you got a nice price for that calf.

It could be your son is learning fast i don't know how old he is but by the time i was old enugh to haul my own cattle i knew exactly when and why to sell when i did. but all i think about is cattle. do you always leave your calves bulls around here a good 680 pound steer would have brought atleast 1.50.

Latest posts