HISTORY!

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":1x9l7bmm said:
Just keeping the history straight. I'd say we've surpassed Rome in our give away programs.

I don't know Jo that Coliseum was pretty cool!

Yeah but it pales compared to the sports complex we built for the Iraqis. Its even got running water, showers and commodes. Just WTH are those people going to do with those?

Jogeephus":3iek2q5e said:
Yeah but it pales compared to the sports complex we built for the Iraqis. Its even got running water, showers and commodes. Just WTH are those people going to do with those?
Ed Zachary

3waycross":1k07qk2c said:
Caustic Burno":1k07qk2c said:
I hope the history books at least show we started out as a good nation.
The Roman Empire was evil from the start and got more so with passing time.

The Roman Empire was NOT inherently more evil than any other including our own. America was founded on an arguably better principal perhaps. But in terms of what each gave the world we are sure as he[[ no better than the Romans., And they were no worse or better than some of the other "empires" that came after or before them!

you're not going to tell me that enslaving other races made them inherently evil are ya Caustic.......that would certainly qualify as one very slipery slope.

actually citizens of conquered countries became Roman citizens with all the rights and privileges of other roman citizens. That was one reason for the success in expanding the empire. Life actually became better for the conquered poeples. The barbarians countries from Europe and Asia were the ones everyone feared.

As for slaves. Can see tht it matters who started it. Apparently they knew where the market was and that was where most ended up. Almost all the Carribean islands had slaves adn are now inhabited by their descendants as well as many S.A. countries.

I think our civilization has been in decline for a long time and we are just too proud to see it. All the people living off the government and the taxpayers, well I see that as a symptom and not the disease itself.

3waycross":1l6kwhy5 said:
Caustic Burno":1l6kwhy5 said:
I don't know didn't their president just get caught with an underage prostitute.
These polices didn't end until the end of WWII.

"Italy's colonial experience forced Italians to confront the presence of non-Europeans within the Italian Empire. The presence of black Africans, especially, led some Italians to construct racial hierarchies in which Italians and other Europeans stood at the top, Arabs and North Africans somewhere in the middle, and black Africans at the bottom in terms of rights and privileges. Such racial-ist thinking led some Italians to consider the position of Jews within Italy in a parallel manner, and to place them on this racial hierarchy. Italian attitudes toward Jews, which had previously been generally benign, began to change as a result of African colonization."

Well isn't that interesting.........still not sure what it has to do with my original post though?

Well we advanced 2000 years in a hurry...went from the Roman Empire to Italian colonials. I assume that's nothing more than a name change only. I would naturally assume that if it is indeed "The Italian Empire" then Italians would naturally "stand at the top". To set it up otherwise would be stupid. CB what African colonies did the "Italians" colonize?? CB give me a link to that cut and paste. I'd like to read the whole thing.

Italy colonized Eritrea and Somalia in the late eighteen hundreds, then Libya in 1911, it also attempted to colonize Ethiopia in 1896-1897.
And finally conquered Ethiopia in 1936.

On a side note, the italian prime minister, Silvio Berliusconi was the one involved with a minor, not the much "cleaner" president Giorgio Napoletano.
As the young prostitute known as "Ruby the heartbreaker" was picked up by the police for not being able to identify herself, Berliusconi called the police office and told them that they should release the girl to avoid international scandal, stating that she was a close relative to Egypts president Mubarak!

3waycross":flapih8t said:
"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero , 55 BC

So evidently, we've learned nothing in the past 2,067 years.

and that all has what to do with this?

Caustic Burno":2f8kvopb said:
You posted not in Rome. Just this year their elected officals got busted
The underage sex trade is slavery and human trafficking on a world wide scale.

That girl was no slave. She was just like thousands in the USA....a "working girl" who just happened to get lucky and get hooked up with the PM, Prez or whoever. and make big money. She is a "Roman Citizen" even. Sounds almost like Bill Clinton and Monica doesn't it. Or any and all of the Kennedy clan.

ANAZAZI":2l92qfmp said:
Italy colonized Eritrea and Somalia in the late eighteen hundreds, then Libya in 1911, it also attempted to colonize Ethiopia in 1896-1897.
And finally conquered Ethiopia in 1936.

Wow...what a way to start an empire. The armpit of the world now is "ours". :lol2: :lol2:

TexasBred":2alnamil said:
Caustic Burno":2alnamil said:
You posted not in Rome. Just this year their elected officals got busted
The underage sex trade is slavery and human trafficking on a world wide scale.

That girl was no slave. She was just like thousands in the USA....a "working girl" who just happened to get lucky and get hooked up with the PM, Prez or whoever. and make big money. She is a "Roman Citizen" even. Sounds almost like Bill Clinton and Monica doesn't it. Or any and all of the Kennedy clan.

Wonder who her pimp was. Got to be the dream of every teenage girl to be a whore.
Think more mom's would name their daughters Jezebel.

3waycross":2h4v3b7k said:
Caustic Burno":2h4v3b7k said:

The Roman Empire was NOT inherently more evil than any other including our own. America was founded on an arguably better principal perhaps. But in terms of what each gave the world we are sure as he[[ no better than the Romans., And they were no worse or better than some of the other "empires" that came after or before them!

you're not going to tell me that enslaving other races made them inherently evil are ya Caustic.......that would certainly qualify as one very slipery slope.

There are some parallels between US and the Romans but we can't say we really measure up to country that lasted around 2000yrs (if you count the Byzantine empire).

I think your correct in your assertion that Rome was not inherently evil. Some bad emperors? Yeah, Nero comes to mind but SO does Constantine.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that mankind accomplished nothing following the fall of Rome until the 16th century.

TexasBred":2lcm5j4q said:
3waycross":2lcm5j4q said:
Caustic Burno":2lcm5j4q said:

actually citizens of conquered countries became Roman citizens with all the rights and privileges of other roman citizens. That was one reason for the success in expanding the empire. Life actually became better for the conquered poeples. The barbarians countries from Europe and Asia were the ones everyone feared.

As for slaves. Can see tht it matters who started it. Apparently they knew where the market was and that was where most ended up. Almost all the Carribean islands had slaves adn are now inhabited by their descendants as well as many S.A. countries.

Well said. :clap:

Caustic Burno":3176b7ot said:
Wonder who her pimp was. Got to be the dream of every teenage girl to be a be nice.

Or what about Rahab. Somehow she was honored by being in the lineage of Jesus. Guess god likes prostitutes....Or Tamar, a widow of Er and Onan plays the prostitute to get pregnant by her father-in-law Judah. Again this prostitute is honored by being in the lineage of Jesus.....Or perhaps "Mary" as in Mary Magdalene.

TexasBred":3pi8av41 said:
Caustic Burno":3pi8av41 said:
Wonder who her pimp was. Got to be the dream of every teenage girl to be a be nice.

Or what about Rahab. Somehow she was honored by being in the lineage of Jesus. Guess god likes prostitutes....Or Tamar, a widow of Er and Onan plays the prostitute to get pregnant by her father-in-law Judah. Again this prostitute is honored by being in the lineage of Jesus.....Or perhaps "Mary" as in Mary Magdalene.

Any one can turn to God for forgiveness doesn't mean he condone's the sin.

Caustic Burno":1spd01mk said:
Any one can turn to God for forgiveness doesn't mean he condone's the sin.

Absolutely but I wasn't the one judging her. Anyone can turn away from God too. How many times does he take them back?? So much for "once saved always saved".

For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

Latest posts