Historical Land

Help Support CattleToday:

ANAZAZI":lxi7c33j said:
hurleyjd":lxi7c33j said:
When Columbus discovered the new world he thought he had sailed around the world and was in India thus the folks he met were Indians.

That is a good story. The truth about the word indian is that it comes from "indogeno", you have it in english as "indigenous".
And no, Columbus did not beleive he was in India, he just tried to sail there.

What were the Indians called before the Europeans named them.

hurleyjd":2mc63an9 said:
ANAZAZI":2mc63an9 said:
hurleyjd":2mc63an9 said:
When Columbus discovered the new world he thought he had sailed around the world and was in India thus the folks he met were Indians.

That is a good story. The truth about the word indian is that it comes from "indogeno", you have it in english as "indigenous".
And no, Columbus did not beleive he was in India, he just tried to sail there.

What were the Indians called before the Europeans named them.

Show on the History channel some years back had a show about the crossing in the ice age.
DNA links them with some inhabitants of the northern islands of Japan

Caustic Burno":27yek4w0 said:
Show on the History channel some years back had a show about the crossing in the ice age.
DNA links them with some inhabitants of the northern islands of Japan

They also have the anatolian bump. It is a knot on the back of the skull. Google it. Europeans don't have that. One of the reason they were mistaken for India inhabitants, the bump on the back of their skull.

Plecker used it and other distinguishing features when he persecuted families on "Pleckers List".

Doubt anybody really knows. Other studies show the North American indians originally migrated from South America and Central America.

TexasBred":3k1mj79o said:
Doubt anybody really knows. Other studies show the North American indians originally migrated from South America and Central America.

No CB is right. They can trace with mitochondrial haplogroups

Basically your wife's DNA passes off to your sons and your daughters. It stops with the sons. Daughters pass it on to their daughters. It is a female trace. It mutates every thousand or so years. If the mutant carrier has no daughters, it does not pass on. At one time there were "seven daughters of EVE" studies. They are up to more now. Everyone on the planet goes back to a specific number of women. You can google "daughters of EVE" and sort until you get to the DNA studies. It is interesting.

If you ever get in a group of the indians from southern Mexico and/or the Yucatan and listen you'll swear you're in Vietnam, Cambodia or some other southeast Asia country.

A lot of people have it. American Melungeon people make a big deal about it. A whole lot of cajuns have it. Native Americans have it.

I have it too. One daughter has it. One daughter does not.

Columbus's people found it on Native Americans. It was one of the reason he mistook them for being Indians. They were seeking India. They were looking for traits.

backhoeboogie":3tvt00l3 said:
A lot of people have it. American Melungeon people make a big deal about it. A whole lot of cajuns have it. Native Americans have it.

I have it too. One daughter has it. One daughter does not.

Columbus's people found it on Native Americans. It was one of the reason he mistook them for being Indians. They were seeking India. They were looking for traits.
Hope he found it on the folks in the West Indies as Columbus and his crews never set foot on North America.

I've got a bump on the back of my head....but is 'cause I bumped it on the shelf as I got up from kneeling on the floor :lol: , saw stars, wonder I didn't fall back on the floor. :( :cry2:

Latest posts