Historic Day in Markets........

Help Support CattleToday:

It has been about three weeks since TT called me down when I suggested that the economy may not be as strong as it should be. One indication of that was the 1 to 1.25 interest the rate that the fed went to. The corona virus has got a lot of attention as the culprit for the down market. The down market would have happened if there had been no cronro virus. The economy has been puffed up for a long time. Jtrent you also know a man that has seen his portfolio value lose $500,000 in value recently.

Well they canceled a tennis tournament today. I here NBA talking about games w no fans. No SWSX. What's next March Madness?!? People selling beer and peanuts need that money. March madness is a big deal for the economy.

I for one think this oil price war is a stimulus at just the right time. This is like giving a tax break. Let the Saudis and Russians duke it out. Americans will spend the dollars saved at the pump.

Caustic Burno said:
I for one think this oil price war is a stimulus at just the right time. This is like giving a tax break. Let the Saudis and Russians duke it out. Americans will spend the dollars saved at the pump.
You know this will shut down a lot of the energy sector in the US

HDRider said:
Caustic Burno said:
You know this will shut down a lot of the energy sector in the US

For upstream short term yes that's nothing new to the oil biz. One sector is always suffering upstream, refining, or chemicals. Typically as crude increases refinery margins decrease while upstream increases or vise versa. Chemicals tend to follow the economy.
Second IMO it won't be long term as OPEC will curtail production to get prices back up.

Plus side might make sealing the border easier along with bringing critical manufacturing home.

Caustic Burno said:

I think you are right the way this is starting to look.

jltrent said:
Caustic Burno said:
jltrent said:
WIth battery power getting better everyday, a Liberal administration and we will be plugging up vehicles before long. I am very impressed with the lasting and longevity of some of these battery power tools released. An 80v saw is very attractive and will do most. I could see a vehicle going 300 miles on a charge and lasting, that is affordable before long. Probably natural gas will be the big winner as the electricity supplier. Clean burning coal a few years from now.

The world is racing to see who has the best battery vehicles and it want be long. IMO the Middle East better enjoy while they can.

"The study found that an electric car recharged by a coal-fired plant produces as much carbon dioxide as a gasoline-powered car that gets 29 miles per gallon, which is a slightly higher efficiency than the 25.2 miles per gallon that is the average of all the cars, SUVs, vans, and light trucks sold in the United States ...Jun 10, 2019"

With the way coal is going it is probably in the way distance as solar and hydro will probably benifit also. Obama pretty much did coal in for now.

The Chevrolet Bolt has a range of 259 miles on one charge. I could see with solar panels on the garage roof to charge and the little my wife and I drive this would work for us. Good change with the $40,000 and with the cost of the solar panels in the range of $11,000 to $14,000 we would be in the car and panels at $54,000. Probable get by for less on the panels by installing just enough for the car.

Decent article into why the Saudis may have did what they did.

https://us11.campaign-archive.com/?u=de2bc41f8324e6955ef65e0c9&id=813ef92146

Stocker Steve said:
HDRider said:
I wonder if it is time to buy oil company stocks? Looking cheap.

Generally no. Buy (positive) momentum, do not buy distress. :cowboy:
I agree Stocker Steve.
Buying when stocks look cheap is like trying to catch the proverbial falling knife.You can get cut really bad.
Don't try to catch the bottom because there is no way to know where the bottom is.
Buy when stocks are oversold and turn up from the bottom.

Ryder said:
Stocker Steve said:
HDRider said:
I wonder if it is time to buy oil company stocks? Looking cheap.

Generally no. Buy (positive) momentum, do not buy distress. :cowboy:
I agree Stocker Steve.
Buying when stocks look cheap is like trying to catch the proverbial falling knife.You can get cut really bad.
Don't try to catch the bottom because there is no way to know where the bottom is.
Buy when stocks are oversold and turn up from the bottom.

Somebody has to buy in order for them to go up....🤔 or at least get the sellers to stop selling.

Don't look like Walmart is hurting to bad:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/WMT/history

Couldn't resist any longer falling knife or not. Picked up some stock today averaging out some older holdings and picked up a couple new ones PFG and MPC. Thanks to CB for peaking my interest in MPC - fits right in with some of the things I like. Now to scrounge up some cash to add in GS! Anyone want to buy some cows?!

Latest posts