Hiring sign.

Help Support CattleToday:

The other side of Little Joe's scenario, had a phone call and it was someone wanting to rent an apt. When asked if she was calling for herself or someone else she said, "me'. When asked how many BR she needed, she indicated it was her and her two "kids". She's 21 with a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old. Lives with her mom and step-dad. Been there for a few months. Baby's dad just up and left. She no job but has applications at Casey's and Dollar General. Kids father pays nothing and long gone. She was sure to tell me she had $600 in the bank.

I suggested she continue staying with her mom because without a job and no job history nobody will let her move in their property.

How can folks grow to young adults and be so unprepared?

$600 to some folks is alot of money.
I'm going to try to be nice and not judge... most likely isn't happening....😬
People been praying for me must be bringing the devil out. Only thing I've noticed I'm mean as heck.
I couldn't imagine raising a baby at 18 years old, than have another at 20. After the first I'd learned how much things cost for them and they are a full time job, that's just me.
Single mama card gets old in my book. I'm not being rude or mean. Most all seem the same want somebody to give them things for free. Maybe not at first it would have gotten to that. I'd bet her parents or grandparents the ones raising her children and paying for their needs. Sad part is there is so much help for single mothers. She should be able to get help with housing, food, school, childcare, tires, car services, ect. Plus if she works she gets the child credit every month. No reason she can't help better herself and her children life. Most people by 18 know where babies come from. If you play the game be responsible or take responsibility later. Not to say she wasn't trying just didn't seem in touch with reality. Reality of how things work, how much money is needed to live alone, ect. Doesn't seem like a good renter unless your looking to let them live there for free.

Shell, the interesting part of the conversation is she never asked what the rent is. Pretty much tells me she wants to move in and play this game of "you can't get me out!".

In HS don't they have a class where the girls have a "baby" they have to have with them for a week, day and night required to feed and change diapers to get an idea of the responsibility of children?

Too many now caudle their kids, don't want them to grow up and move out so they just don't teach them the necessary life skills. I know parenting is hard and the only manual is the bible, Lord knows I made my share of mistakes as a parent but I taught him about responsibility and work, that's one place I didn't fail. People thought my wife and I were crazy for letting him get married right before he turned 19, well first of all I couldn't let him do any thing, he was a grown man then in my eyes and second my wife and I got married when she was 17 and I was 18. We've been married 22 years now. Point being most people think it crazy to let an 18 or 19 year old get married because most are not an adult at that age but some are, alot of that depends on how they was raised and if their parents always caudled and shielded them from life. I know 30 year olds that still live at home that still aren't prepared for life and never will be. We're to raise our kids in such a way that they can eventually become independent. Don't get me wrong, we'd still help our son and his wife if they asked for it, but there's gonna be some accountability come with that help.

In HS don't they have a class where the girls have a "baby" they have to have with them for a week, day and night required to feed and change diapers to get an idea of the responsibility of children?
If the girls are so unaware of reality enough that a crying wet pretend plastic baby for a week is a life changing event that opens their eyes, then there is a huge problem to start with.

If the school administrators and teachers believe that a crying wet pretend baby for a week is going to be the game changer and make the difference in a girl's life, then there is a huge problem to start with.

And that huge problem is the breakdown of the American family - loving involved parents, responsibility, caring for each other, emotional and spiritual support and general good upbringing.

Shell, the interesting part of the conversation is she never asked what the rent is. Pretty much tells me she wants to move in and play this game of "you can't get me out!".

Somebody needs to pray differently for me devil coming out. I used to be half 🐴 nice. Lately 👹 over here on one shoulder and God on the other playing be good be bad tug a war.

Back when I was in school 10th grade health class we had to take one the robot babys home for the weekend. It would cry you had to change their diaper, hold the key for so long for feeding, ect. Supposedly keep up with how you handle it. It would wake up all night long. You had to note the times when it cried and how long. Nobody in their right mind should want to be a teen parent after that darn thing. They didn't even teach you about the cost of basic things for a baby, but less cost to raise a child. Who am I to judge I've made plenty mistakes myself. 🙌🏾 It's not so much the "trophy baby" it's the mind set baby mama's have. Like you said didn't care the price she was using the dumb card to get in than can't get me out cause she has children.
I gave a bunch of baby items to a young mother. She turned around sold them on Facebook. 🤦🏽‍♀️ People will sell anything.

I know parenting is hard and the only manual is the bible, Lord knows I made my share of mistakes as a parent but I taught him about responsibility and work, that's one place I didn't fail.
I don't want to get too far off topic but the biggest problem I see today harkens back to bible illiteracy. (Not knowing what that good book teaches.) I'm not saying a person (especially a young person) must be brought up in a religious setting but they should be taught in one way or another, right from wrong, to be honest in all things (including their thoughts) and good work ethics and how to treat their fellow man.

Latest posts