Hiring out of country ag workers.

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We got this large postcard in the mail this week. i know of one large tobacco/hemp producer in our area who brings guys in from Mexico to work every year. I usually try to get him to sub them out to me for a week or so to clean fence lines and roadsides when he has some downtime.

7CE53AEE-3FA5-43A8-B1C7-060475DB690E.jpeg1F2A7628-5050-4C15-B9CB-BAAB9EA74573.jpeg

That's a company out of San Antonio Texas. A full service company on both ends. Provides labor for the employer and facilitates getting the H2Aand H4 permits/visa. (H2A is for the worker. H4 is for the worker's family members)

We got this large postcard in the mail this week. i know of one large tobacco/hemp producer in our area who brings guys in from Mexico to work every year. I usually try to get him to sub them out to me for a week or so to clean fence lines and roadsides when he has some downtime.

View attachment 8696View attachment 8697
If you qualify as a H2a employer your allowed to sub-out your employees?.... good to know.

I believe that was the same company that had someone passing those cards or (something like it) at one of the S.E. Texas Beef Symposiums I went to a few years ago.

Are there a lot of requirements on the employers end. We aren't near big enough to even consider that, but have heard that it's a lot of red tape and requirements as far as housing and other details.
Used to be some seasonal crews that worked in tobacco. Back then they would work for others after the main job was done.

Are there a lot of requirements on the employers end. We aren't near big enough to even consider that, but have heard that it's a lot of red tape and requirements as far as housing and other details.
Used to be some seasonal crews that worked in tobacco. Back then they would work for others after the main job was done.
You can probably find all the info you want at that company's website
One of their links leads here which is h2a employer's handbook

Latest posts