hired sprayer...100$ ac for grazon?

Help Support CattleToday:

Can you post what you end up getting out of your set-up. I've just started with sprayers but 10 acres with a 40 gallon seems like a lot for that size tank?

I'm learning a lot about spraying here.
I recently checked my spray pressure and it was 125. I turned it down to about 100. But seems like I'm still wasting a lot.
Thanks guys for the advice about the 30 pound pressure

If your going to put only 4 gal liquid to the acre, be sure you use a surfactant. 4 gal isn't much liquid to wet a weed.

Vett is correct. The more liquid, the better the result. I have a problem with spiny aster. When I ask a darn smart chemical lady about it, she said increase your liquid volume on plants with small leaves like the aster. It seems to be working much better this year.

ill post up...idk whe ill be on it..hopefully soon...pics are a pita here tho so...but it did come with a speed amount spray

kenny thomas said:
I'm learning a lot about spraying here.
I recently checked my spray pressure and it was 125. I turned it down to about 100. But seems like I'm still wasting a lot.
Thanks guys for the advice about the 30 pound pressure

Depends on your pump and nozzles. Post up what you have for better advice.

dieselbeef said:
Brute 23 said:
dieselbeef said:
ill post up...idk whe ill be on it..hopefully soon...pics are a pita here tho so...but it did come with a speed amount spray

Is it a 3pt with pto pump or 12V pump that goes in the bed of a utv or atv?

12v 3 pt

If the weeds are pretty light and young it will do fine. If they get up thick or you have balls of viney stuff it will be light on coverage but you can always touch it up by hand.

Maybe some of the gurus can chime in here but I would be tempted to cut my poision in half (basically 1 pint) and make 2 passes.

i wanted a boomless but this was on sale....saved me 210$ so....lol....btw i figure to go once in each direction

My thinking is your max rate on the GNHL is around 2 pints/ ac. You put out 4 gallons water per acre. Run one way mixed at 1pt and then from a different direction mixed at 1pt. It will get you to the 2pts and 8 gallons of water. I'd run them back to back.

At what speed was the the 4 gallons per acre? You should be able to slow down and get more.

dieselbeef said:
I bought a small rig for what I need...40 gallon..grazon or weedmaster is the rec product..so how do I arrive at the corrct application rate..i can get ground speed but the gear chart on the tractor but how about the sprayer settings?

either look up charts, or just fill it with water and see how long it takes to empty at a given pressure, do the math from there for how much ground you need to cover.. Swath width and MPH

Latest posts