Hired Hand Stapler

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has ever used the Hired Hand Stapler tool. I got some post up and wanted to stretch my wire but its too wet here and post arent tight as id like them to be before stretching wire. I was just at local Northern store and saw this http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/ ... _200310777
has anyone used this? Is it worth the hassle? I was thinking Its just as easy to use needle nose pliers to do that job but anyone care to give me some feedback on this tool?

I helped a neighbor fence his place a few years back and used one. It does save quite a bit of time and fumbling for staples. We could use a 3lb hammer and whack them in in one or two shots. He ran out of the glued staples and there is no place local that carries them, so we had to go back to doing without. :mad: I'd consider one if I had much wire to put up.

1982vett":10aytiid said:
Looks like a neat little gizmo....that uses only these -> http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/ ... uct%20Page

:shock: $27 a box. :shock: Shipping weight is a little over 6 lbs.

You can probably lose a lot of needlenose pliers and still be $$bucks$$ ahead.

I love the idea but its not really cost effective or convenient. I wish I could invent a co2 powered stapler or something I can use my air compressor on. Am I the only one that used needle nose pliers to start the staples ???? I just hate having my fingers crunched.

just bought one for a christmas present and it looks like it can be used with regular staples also, just take a little longer to load. i'll let yall know how it works. did it work better with the 3# than a claw hammer?

abun":218vsfee said:
just bought one for a christmas present and it looks like it can be used with regular staples also, just take a little longer to load. i'll let yall know how it works. did it work better with the 3# than a claw hammer?

Yep. The heavier hammer doesn't take near the swing.

jkwilson":1ze5nnlx said:
abun":1ze5nnlx said:

Yep. The heavier hammer doesn't take near the swing.
Just means more weight to carry round and more muscle to get moving
Takes the same amount of total energy I reckon

dont waste your time or money. great idea but not built very well.

Latest posts