cowsout041.jpg

Milk cow upset because she couldn't go too; due any day now

cowsout010.jpg

Couple of trouble makers testing the new rabbit cage

7112009002.jpg

sunset

7112009005.jpg

7112009004.jpg

Great pics. Those troublemakers look pretty rough.

I almost forgot how spectacular those Montana sunsets were.

Thanks! :tiphat:

I'm so jealous of the wide open spaces I see in those pictures. Must be nice. Nice looking herd and pics of the othr animals.

Oh how I wish that is what my backyard looked like! Beautiful! Great pics, and those trouble makers just look like they are plotting against you. :eek:

Thanks for taking them and posting them for us ILH. Great pics cows and calves are looking really good.
Your corgis are too cute.
Looks like you still have lots of pasture, we have been getting rain all week so it might save ours . Love the country very beautiful and the sunset pics should be on post cards. ;-)

Thanks again. :)

Great looking cattle, great looking country.

Doesn't look like you have to many problems with tree branches in the pasture. Looks like you could almost sell tickets to look at that one.

Really is gorgeous scenery up there.
Thanks for sharing.

Knersie they had been in the same pasture we put them back into. We just brought them in to pull the bulls.
While we had them in we had the vet come and cut a couple of calves that were left bulls because only one nut had dropped at birth.

HD it was so funny finding those 2 in the cage, they got in, but couldn't get back out.

That is some big country! How many acres are in that pasture that you turned them out in. I could see no fences on the horizon.

HOSS":q81wzswv said:
That is some big country! How many acres are in that pasture that you turned them out in. I could see no fences on the horizon.

I heard that. It looked like pretty substantial acreage. Are yall free grazers? No fences? Like they used to do back in the old days? Nice lookin herfs to. Ive always wanted to go hunting in montana myself.

Hoss if you look in the background of the pic I labeled, heading through the pasture gate, that lone tree in the back ground is on the edge of a road that borders this pasture on 2 sides. If you can see the round bales just below the tree that is our neighbors place. The little yellow spot at where the hills make a "V" is where the fence line is.
There are fences you just can't see them all. :D
I'm not 100% sure but I think that pasture is around 500-550 acres.

Thanks for all the kind comments. Thought a couple were just too good not to share. :D

I luv herfrds":jhgh218i said:
Hoss if you look in the background of the pic I labeled, heading through the pasture gate, that lone tree in the back ground is on the edge of a road that borders this pasture on 2 sides. If you can see the round bales just below the tree that is our neighbors place. The little yellow spot at where the hills make a "V" is where the fence line is.
There are fences you just can't see them all. :D
I'm not 100% sure but I think that pasture is around 500-550 acres.

Thanks for all the kind comments. Thought a couple were just too good not to share. :D

With the type of grass and moisture that ya'll have out there how many head can you expect to run on 500 - 550 acres?

Very nice set of pics. Are those the Sweet Grass Hills in the background of the sunset pic?

Well Hoss if we wanted to do max stocking; we have the summer pasture that the cows are in now and the winter pasture they will go in after weaning; we could run 100 pairs out there.
Knowing this area like we do though and knowing how fast the rains can shut off 75 pairs would be max for us.
Now remember I am just guessing on how big it is. I can't get my pasture info up on the new computor yet.

mnmt no that is the Goose Bill in the pictures. The Sweet Grass are farther to the right.

The Sweet Grass Hills are one of my favorite spots in MT. I think because their so isolated, no beaten path.

Latest posts