Hillary

Help Support CattleToday:

Alice":1m12p4r6 said:
I still maintain that most black VOTERS are concerned about this country and will vote for whom they believe will maintain the integrity of this country.

Alice

Problem rest in who they believe will maintain this integrity. Democratic Party along with most if not all of the Black Leaders have a pretty strong hold on the Black and Hispanic vote.

They have bought into the theory that the Republicans are only for the Rich and Dems for the Poor.

For me if this is true then I sure want to be voting for the Republicans because I sure do not want to be poor so do not want to vote for a party that thrives on its followers being poor.

Alice":2n2df7iq said:
In my opinion, the John Wiley Price's of this world don't draw that much water with real voters
Alice

Alice, John Wiley Price got elected over and over, even after felony charges were filed against him. "Real" voters elected him. Even after all he has done (and not done) he is a hero to the cause and they want to know why he can't hold office after his convictions and everything else.

backhoeboogie":2fop0m02 said:
Alice":2fop0m02 said:
In my opinion, the John Wiley Price's of this world don't draw that much water with real voters
Alice

Alice, John Wiley Price got elected over and over, even after felony charges were filed against him. "Real" voters elected him. Even after all he has done (and not done) he is a hero to the cause and they want to know why he can't hold office after his convictions and everything else.

JWP is a big fish in a tiny, tiny pond...his district. I'm talking about the entire country at large. No way could JWP totally influence the black voters of the entire country at large. And, I still maintain that the screamers at his demonstrations are not actual voters. And, I think old JWP knows he's shot himself in the foot with all of his screaming demonstrations. Haven't seen him pull any of those stunts in a long time.

Alice

Okay.

If you watch television stations in other states you see more JWPs. Tyson/Kobe "bad boys" are forgiven heroes at the national level and advocated in diversity.com.

I don't understand it. I'd vote for Colin. I change channels when Kobe comes on.

backhoeboogie":26ue5pgw said:
Okay.

If you watch television stations in other states you see more JWPs. Tyson/Kobe "bad boys" are forgiven heroes at the national level and advocated in diversity.com.

I don't understand it. I'd vote for Colin. I change channels when Kobe comes on.

Watching TV...that could be part of my problem...I don't watch TV enough to be able to comment on what TV stations in other states broadcast. However, I'm on my way to diversity.com to read about Tyson/Kobe...thanks for the link. :)

Alice

I watched an interview with John Danforth, I believe he was a senator from Mo. He has authored a book titled "Faith and Politics. In his interview he stated if the United States does not get back to the point that there are some middle ground folks that are not afraid to look at problems from all angles, then our nation is in trouble. I have not read his book but plan to do so. Has any of you people on this forum read the book and what do you think of it.

hurleyjd":2yug71w6 said:
I watched an interview with John Danforth, I believe he was a senator from Mo. He has authored a book titled "Faith and Politics. In his interview he stated if the United States does not get back to the point that there are some middle ground folks that are not afraid to look at problems from all angles, then our nation is in trouble. I have not read his book but plan to do so. Has any of you people on this forum read the book and what do you think of it.

Sounds like a good book to read, thanks for bringing it up.

BTW, Danforth was a Republican senator.

Alice

I think that Mister Danforth considered himself a moderate republican. After watching and listening tohis interview, I acme to the conclusion that he thinks that we need more moderate thinking and not the extremes from each side as it is now.

hurleyjd":jxwsdi3w said:
I think that Mister Danforth considered himself a moderate republican. After watching and listening tohis interview, I acme to the conclusion that he thinks that we need more moderate thinking and not the extremes from each side as it is now.

And I couldn't agree more.

Alice

It seems to me that politics have become 45% emotion,45% What's in it for me, and 10% common sense. And 10% might be stretching it.Z

I can remember back when Everet Dirkson the senator from Illinois told Lyndon Johnson from Texas that he was going to get on TV tonight and He was going to give Lyndon H---, but it was nothing personal it was just for the folks back home. When it came for the good of the country they worked together to get things done. You know they want us to vote and I do, but how do you really know what the person is that you are voting for. How can you become an informed voter. When every a person is elected they should become a representive for all the people in thier district and not for the party they belong to. With the close races now a least a half of the people are not represented. They are the ones that voted for the candidate that did not win. Things are going to have to get fixed or our country will become a third world country. Now I will get off of the soap box.

Did you ever wonder what would happen if they dicontinued the practice of seperating the parties on the floor and made everybody mix together?Z

backhoeboogie":4gqr1d8q said:
Alice it is not about that. It is the folks like John Wiley Price. They won't support Powell, no way nada, and they have their own little pacs and voter blocks. Have you talked to blacks abuot Powell? They call him "their boy".

Along those same lines, Jesse Jackson once called Clarence Thomas an "Uncle Tom" and Al Sharpton has called him a "Lawn Jockey". Here is a man (Thomas) that every child in this country would do well to emulate and he is called a lawn jockey because he doesn't "think and act like he is supposed to".

VanC":21cmkxrs said:
backhoeboogie":21cmkxrs said:
Alice it is not about that. It is the folks like John Wiley Price. They won't support Powell, no way nada, and they have their own little pacs and voter blocks. Have you talked to blacks abuot Powell? They call him "their boy".

Along those same lines, Jesse Jackson once called Clarence Thomas an "Uncle Tom" and Al Sharpton has called him a "Lawn Jockey". Here is a man (Thomas) that every child in this country would do well to emulate and he is called a lawn jockey because he doesn't "think and act like he is supposed to".

Very good example! Clarence Thomas should be considered one of the Most Successful Black Men in America and the Black Leaders will not even hardly recognize him. He should be the Poster Child for their Race.

Latest posts