Highland heffers

Help Support CattleToday:

playinghookie

Reaction score
I've been looking for some Scotish Highland herffers for awhile I live in sothern California. Is their anyone close that has some for sale

playinghookie":1udsw0ks said:
I've been looking for some Scotish Highland herffers for awhile I live in sothern California. Is their anyone close that has some for sale

Probably WAY to warm for Highland cattle there! Better suited to far northern areas with their heavy coats.

playinghookie said:
I've been looking for some Scotish Highland herffers for awhile I live in sothern California. Is their anyone close that has some for sale[/quote

Do you have access to a computer? If so ya can try looking at the American Highland Cattle Asso. web site, they have a membership list... I know there are several breeders in N.Ca,
Contact some of them, they'll help ya out.
Good luck

I've tryed the computer but no takers thanks for your help. No one seems to want to part with their heffers. I am in the mountains at 7000 feet so temp is not a problem its 10 degrees this morning thats why highlands do well here.

playinghookie":ajoqhu1e said:
I've tryed the computer but no takers thanks for your help. No one seems to want to part with their heffers. I am in the mountains at 7000 feet so temp is not a problem its 10 degrees this morning thats why highlands do well here.

There are some pretty nice heifers for sale in Oregon....

Latest posts