Highhairhorns

Help Support CattleToday:

Oh dear what can I say? ok just for you & before you say anything no it's not mine :tiphat:
92763970.jpg

92763962.jpg

92763386.jpg

92763369.jpg

Thought you might like them though I do like the welsh x
Hmmm wonder how that would work over a highland :? I know they can get some real nice long haired roans when crossed with Shorthorns ;-)

There was a orange and white roan bull at macladanae when I was there. It looks awesome. And they did have a heifer that was red with white sections. The multi colour looks great on them. I'd suggest highland brahman but there is an issue with name. braland or himan...

Loch Valley Fold":3l9cj17a said:
Oh dear what can I say? ok just for you & before you say anything no it's not mine :tiphat:
92763970.jpg

92763962.jpg

92763386.jpg

92763369.jpg

Is it just me or is that one heckova Longhorn Cow.

Loch Valley Fold":3p29rzps said:
You may also be interested in this one Longhorn x Welsh
longhornwelsh.jpg

I don't anything at all about Welsh cattle, but that animal looks like an English Longhorn.

Ryan

"Whats a Brackle?
Brahman x Speckle Park
There was an article (either the Land or Weekly Times) on a company (can't remember the name at present) but they are the bigest Speckle Park stud in Australia & they have now brought an entire Speckle Park stud in Canada they plan on breeding importing/exporting embryos & semen & the now have a standing order for 150 SP bulls each year to go to Qld & breed Brackles. Pretty sure the article also said they were going to tradmark the Brackle name??

Googling while waiting for the troops to arrive go & round up friends cattle & found these thought you might find these interesting - I don't know about the last one I don't think it has "enough horn" to make the list :secret:
kuri1.jpg

kuri_small.jpg

ankole.jpg

Cattle_Kuri_FromDAGRIS.jpg

I swear I had a Dexter that had horns like those. Waist height, long, muscled and horns thicker than a coke can. Probably more like a small milo tin, maybe even bigger than that.

Speckle Park Cattle Co, who imported the first Speckle Park embryos, recently bought the entire Star Bank herd (Canada). It will continue to be run over there with plans for more embryos to be exported to Oz.

As far as the Brackle's, apparently there is 'great interest' in this cross. Embryos from Brahman cows joined to Speckle Park bulls are currently being implanted. There are supposedly orders for 150 bulls/year coming from a holding up north.

Hence, Speckle Park Cattle Co have secured the naming rights for the new "Brackle" breed.

Latest posts