Higher prices !

Help Support CattleToday:

Mrcopier

Reaction score
In the past month I have heard or drastic price increases and shortages on the following: steel, rubber tires, pvc pipe, ketchup (yes ketchup), lumber, glass, extruded insulation panels, computer chips, and lumber. WTF is going on!!!
China on some of that, have friend in the car business and China makes a certain computer chip for autos and they have stopped sending them to us. A lot of car lots are VERY low on inventory and have a lot more used stuff, so my guess is China

BigBear56

Reaction score
China on some of that, have friend in the car business and China makes a certain computer chip for autos and they have stopped sending them to us. A lot of car lots are VERY low on inventory and have a lot more used stuff, so my guess is China
I can speak directly on the chips as I work with class 8 truck dealers every day. From what I’ve read/heard 86%of all the worlds computer chips come from South Korea and Taiwan. But all the precious metals used in manufacturing come from China. It’s a major issue in my industry. Freightliner and Navistar are actually closing their plants for extended periods due to the Chip shortages. It’s being called “chipaggedon” lol

Mrcopier

Reaction score
I can speak directly on the chips as I work with class 8 truck dealers every day. From what I’ve read/heard 86%of all the worlds computer chips come from South Korea and Taiwan. But all the precious metals used in manufacturing come from China. It’s a major issue in my industry. Freightliner and Navistar are actually closing their plants for extended periods due to the Chip shortages. It’s being called “chipaggedon” lol
Makes sense to me

shaz

Reaction score
Looks like production took a year off and consumption did not. we'll be seeing this for a while, maybe all of 2021.

Mrcopier

Reaction score
Looks like production took a year off and consumption did not. we'll be seeing this for a while, maybe all of 2021.
Especially with all these stimulus checks people have money to buy

greybeard

Reaction score
Many fast food places here have not fully opened yet, as their employees are lollygaggin at home drawing unemployment until Sept and spending their free $1400 mailbox money. The fried chicken place wants to open fully but can't get anyone to go to work so it's still a pita drive thru. Every business in town has a "help wanted' sign out.

Mrcopier

Reaction score
Many fast food places here have not fully opened yet, as their employees are lollygaggin at home drawing unemployment until Sept and spending their free $1400 mailbox money. The fried chicken place wants to open fully but can't get anyone to go to work so it's still a pita drive thru. Every business in town has a "help wanted' sign out.
Ya same here in E Texas. I see help wanted EVERYWHERE!

greybeard

Reaction score
Grocery prices are skyrocketing. Went yesterday and got a couple week's worth and spent $170. The days of 3 or 4 cans for $1 green beans or whole kernel corn are long gone forever. $2.25 for a loaf of plain bread......

Dave

Reaction score
I stopped in at the chain saw/Honda quad etc shop the other day for a starter rope. They usually have 6-8 quads, a dozen bikes, and 4 or 5 side by sides on their show room floor. There was 2 motorcycles, one snow mobile, and one side by side. And a lot of empty space.

1982vett

Reaction score
Dave, Kawasaki place hasn't had a new mule or anything on the place in months. At least I haven't seen one. Zero turn lawn mowers out the whazoo...but not a utility vehicle on the lot.

Latest posts