high tensile wire unroller

Help Support CattleToday:

lawhighnoon

Reaction score
I was wondering who makes the best unroller for the 4000 ft rolls. My unroller does fine when the spool is full but as it gets smaller it either backspins or the wire becomes kinked,

We made our own. However..... I don't think that anyone can make one good enough to unroll the rolls when they're not rolled up correctly. Sometimes they will unroll great, and sometimes you just want to whip some a$$ of the person that rolled it.

can you unroll the wire by yourself or do you need someone to control the speed of the reel as you unroll it

I can get you a good unroller through my distributor. I have put in lot of high tensile fence and really like this unroller. It is easy to adjust so that the spokes fit your roll no matter what diameter. It has a tensioner on it to prevent any back-lash or free spooling. You can set it in the back of the pickup or on the back of your 4-wheeler and drive. They are heavy duty and will take the abuse of hauling them around without getting bent up.

lawhighnoon":1p2mfchx said:
can you unroll the wire by yourself or do you need someone to control the speed of the reel as you unroll it

It's not a matter of controlling the speed of the reel. It's a matter of making sure that you get it unwound without it just gobbing it all up. Seems that a few rolls aren't wrapped correctly (from center to outside), and will wrap/jam up. IMO, it's always best to have two people to help keep it from locking down due to being wrapped incorrectly.

lawhighnoon":141a8188 said:
If the tension adjustment is set right on the jenny you won;t have the problem with the speed. Make sure the spool is on correctly and that the adjustment doesn;t change from the friction of the assembly turning while the wire is paying out. A dab of grease on the friction adjustment will usually keep it from changing the adjustment.

Some brands of wire have to be unrolled counter-clockwise. If you have been putting wire on your spinning jenny to unroll clockwise (the US paradigm), just try flipping it over.

Any good spinning jenny will have a spring-tensioned brake on it. We generally mount the unroller on an ATV. If you set the brake tension so it is difficult to pull it out by hand,there should be no free spinning wire gobs develop when you stop the ATV.

Good luck

Latest posts