My dad called today to tell me that he noticed a 350 lb heifer calf hopping around a t-post in the cross fence. He saw something around it's neck. When he got closer he could tell it was a piece of high tensile wire from the cross fence. Evidently she must have tried to nose through the fence when it shocked her. She bolted and broke 2 strands. One piece somehow wrapped itself around her neck and the harder she pulled the tighter it got. She was near passed out by the time he got to her. He tried to get it from around her neck but she kicked and thrashed harder. He cut the wire and with the neighbors help got her into the squeeze chute and finished cutting the wire from around her neck. She is fine now but he said she laid there for the longest gasping for air. When it broke the end from the turnbuckle had a sharp bend in it. That bend looped over the wire creating a slip not of sorts. The loop happened to catch her around the neck. Evidently me fence is not hot enough or she would not have gotten close to the wire to begin with. Time for another ground rod maybe.