high tensile electric fence

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Getting ready to build a 2 wire 12.5 ga. fence. It will be aprrox. 1800 ft long. What height should each wire be? Also, any help on corner posts and/or bracing would be helpful. I will be using T-posts, how far a part can they be? Any help is appreciated!

[email protected]

> Getting ready to build a 2 wire
> 12.5 ga. fence. It will be aprrox.
> 1800 ft long. What height should
> each wire be? Also, any help on
> corner posts and/or bracing would
> be helpful. I will be using
> T-posts, how far a part can they
> be? Any help is appreciated!

Refer to the Gallagher Fencing Book. A two wire cattle cross fence should be 30" hight with the second wire 10" below the top wire. Post spacing 60 - 75 feet. Controls stockers, Dairy, Mature cattle. I have build my 12.5 gage wire, five strands outside and three strands cross fence using high tinsel fence wire. I used the Push-A-Post Brace System with outstanding results. It is make from 1.33 lb. T post. It can withstand the pull of five strands of 12.5 gage wire for over a quarter mile using the I beam post they provide. I know because I did it. Go to <A HREF="http://www.pushapost,com" TARGET="_blank">www.pushapost,com</A> Good Luck,

[email protected]

We use a floating brace system for all end and corners that don't have hanging gates on them. Works great, cheap and strong.

dun

> Refer to the Gallagher Fencing
> Book. A two wire cattle cross
> fence should be 30" hight
> with the second wire 10"
> below the top wire. Post spacing
> 60 - 75 feet. Controls stockers,
> Dairy, Mature cattle. I have build
> my 12.5 gage wire, five strands
> outside and three strands cross
> fence using high tinsel fence
> wire. I used the Push-A-Post Brace
> System with outstanding results.
> It is make from 1.33 lb. T post.
> It can withstand the pull of five
> strands of 12.5 gage wire for over
> a quarter mile using the I beam
> post they provide. I know because
> I did it. Go to <A HREF="http://www.pushapost,com" TARGET="_blank">www.pushapost,com</A>
> Good Luck,

Latest posts