High school sports?

Help Support CattleToday:

ez14.":25tuk81s said:
Bestoutwest":25tuk81s said:
ez14.":25tuk81s said:
I'm not saying your wrong BUT When and how did it become the states job to teach kids EVERYTHING! No one should rely on the government that much! It's more the parents job to make sure kids know what they need to know!
Relying on all parents to be responsible is like waiting for snow in Houston. Sure it can happen, but I'm not counting on it.
true But relying on the government is no better!

Very true. In Idaho we are 49th in spending. Our schools are a joke. So my wife and I pick up the pieces.

Bestoutwest":1gbye438 said:
TexasBred":1gbye438 said:
Bestoutwest":1gbye438 said:
If they would invest some of the money vast amount of money they put into that stadium into the education of those students maybe America could become great again. Bring back home economics, shop class, create a basic living class where they teach kids to change a tire and do a check book, teach kids how to grow vegetables and where their food comes from, etc. Instead, we put a computer in front of them and turn them loose, and have these monstrosities dedicated to a very, very small percentage of the population of that school.
A he// of a lot of that education is your responsibility "Dad"!!!!!!!!
It's not me that needs the help. As I've said before, my son is a grade ahead AND in gifted and talented. We're doing fine. Can't say that about everyone.
Sorry...didn't realize you were just referring to everybody else's kids.

Just read a California high school team has voted to end (quit)their season after losing the 1st 2 games by a combined 102 -0 points. tally was 7-4 in favor of forfeiting the season.

The coach asked them not to vote to quit, but I'm not sure I can blame them. Only 18 players on the team at the start of the 1st game, and the last game, they had 6 come out due to injuries. (evidently, some players had already left the team when the vote was taken)

greybeard":1eb0hicp said:
Just read a California high school team has voted to end (quit)their season after losing the 1st 2 games by a combined 102 -0 points. tally was 7-4 in favor of forfeiting the season.

The coach asked them not to vote to quit, but I'm not sure I can blame them. Only 18 players on the team at the start of the 1st game, and the last game, they had 6 come out due to injuries. (evidently, some players had already left the team when the vote was taken)

My senior year we had 14 players to start the season and it was our first year of 11 man. I don't remember our record but we lost more than we won and the district leader rolled over us 89-0. Luckily no one was injured the entire season until the last game when I went out with a knee injury.

greybeard":3tlfx1q5 said:

What a bunch of babies! I played youth hockey and one year we went 1-25-1. That one game we won was in a tournament and there had to be a winner and a loser for points, so we flipped a coin. That was the most fun I've ever had playing hockey, too! Yes we got blown out, but we also lost a few 1 goal games. It's pretty sad their coach even gave them the option to quit.

My son has a heart issue. He is limited to not picking up things over #50. I specifically asked the doctor about feed sacks and he gave him the clear. :) Basically no football, wrestling, powerlifting, or other sports that could really strain the upper body. He encouraged him to play tennis, golf, run track, cross country, basketball, etc and said that was actually good for his issue.

To be honest... that didn't hurt my feelings one bit.

the other side of things....
A Fort Worth high school football team that hadn't won a game in eight years snapped its 77-game losing streak Thursday night by beating a Dallas team 40-12.

Diamond Hill-Jarvis led Dallas Conrad at halftime 16-0 and never looked back.

"I can't explain it," said senior defensive end Daniel Robles. "It felt really good. We really did it."

The last time the Diamond Hill-Jarvis Eagles won was Sept. 18, 2010.
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/Fort ... 83531.html

greybeard":inx0jy9l said:
the other side of things....
A Fort Worth high school football team that hadn't won a game in eight years snapped its 77-game losing streak Thursday night by beating a Dallas team 40-12.

Diamond Hill-Jarvis led Dallas Conrad at halftime 16-0 and never looked back.

"I can't explain it," said senior defensive end Daniel Robles. "It felt really good. We really did it."

The last time the Diamond Hill-Jarvis Eagles won was Sept. 18, 2010.
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/Fort ... 83531.html
once a losing team like that tastes victory it can be about impossible to stop them

greybeard":rdw9mr4f said:
Is that the one they found had cracks in the concrete?

Cracks showed up at Allen and McKinney. I read where they were not structurally a problem as they were from concrete not being properly worked. The contractors have fixed Allen's and will be taking care of McKinney's during the off season.

Latest posts