High School Class Reunions

Help Support CattleToday:

I go when I can. Didn't like the first one or two because there seemed to be so much competition, boasting and false-faces but now people are more layed back and genuine. Not meaning to judge, but its interesting to see where the beauty queens and super jocks are in life now. I'm also amazed at how many ugly duckling stories were in my class. With my own children and their classmates I can see the same history being repeated with their classmates. Its all interesting to me.

I actually wanted to go to our 10 year reunion, but they didn't have one. Not because I really cared for anyone, but I wanted to show off my wife and make fun of the people who were fat and bald before I get fat and bald.

I missed the 5th because I'd just had a baby and didn't look or feel my very best. Went to the 10th and had a ball. Have not been to any since. We had the 25th last year and it was just so disorganized I didn't want to mess with it. And expensive! I'm not going to pay for activities I don't want to do and it was a package thing. Three days of stuff. I'm not that into it.

We are having an informal "Pirate's Rebellion" at the dam this June. If I'm not too blue-white in the legs, I might go. Might be fun. I keep up with everyone on Facebook, so it isn't like I don't know what they have been up to. And the people I hung out with generally don't go.

I was a nerd.

Just saw and add for class of 89. They want $40 for couples, $30 for singles, and $10 for kids.

Guess they don't want less fortunate folks or singles at the party.

*corrected fees to attend.

1982vett":3nk8un49 said:
Just saw and add for class of 89. They want $60 for couples, $40 for singles, and $10 for kids.

Guess they don't want less fortunate folks or singles at the party.

Vette, my reunion last year was over seventy bucks a head! No way was I paying 140.00 to see people I may or may not have liked.

Opps, I rechecked the add. It is even worse than I quoted unless you are a couple. They want $40 for a couple. $30 for singles and $10 for a kid.

We had our 30 year a couple years ago. Same place this one is going to be and same hours. Social hour starts at 6PM, dinner with dance after. Cost us $20 a head. But why the he77 should a single person pay more? Is it to subsidize the baby sitter for the kids the couples are bringing? Seems like this is something the kids "owner" should pay more for.

By the time you have been out of school for thirty years, you shouldn't have kids that need sitters.

alacattleman":315rm3bs said:
Lammie":315rm3bs said:
By the time you have been out of school for thirty years, you shouldn't have kids that need sitters.
you should'nt,, but i got a son 21 and one 5 years :cowboy:

Well aint you been the busy one? 8)

Lammie":17zv2y9v said:
alacattleman":17zv2y9v said:
Lammie":17zv2y9v said:
you should'nt,, but i got a son 21 and one 5 years :cowboy:

Well aint you been the busy one? 8)
maybe a little too busy, also got a daughter in between...

1982vett":k7b7bdpe said:
Opps, I rechecked the add. It is even worse than I quoted unless you are a couple. They want $40 for a couple. $30 for singles and $10 for a kid.

We had our 30 year a couple years ago. Same place this one is going to be and same hours. Social hour starts at 6PM, dinner with dance after. Cost us $20 a head. But why the he77 should a single person pay more? Is it to subsidize the baby sitter for the kids the couples are bringing? Seems like this is something the kids "owner" should pay more for.

My 30th is tomorrow. $50 a pop. A date cost another $50. What if I get a date after I get there? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The $50 is for a steak dinner at a nice reserved restaurant and a DJ. Supposed to be about 100 people there.

This is a 20 year.

Probably couldn't drag a kid to a 30 year reunion anyway, except the ones under 10. Doubt a teenager would be anxious to go either. :lol: Shoot I didn't even want to go.

HS, this is certainly not a nice restaurant. Just a little hole in the wall country club. Probably be catered BBQ. If you get a date after you get their...................................

my 25th is this year.an theres no way in heck that im going.a buddy conned me in to going to the 5th yr.an that was it.i didnt like school anyway.an only got along with 1 or 2 classmates.

Hmmm. I left the area soon after graduation. But I've been told that my class has only had one reunion in the many, many years since graduation. And they held that 90 miles away in Oklahoma City. There's an annual "school reunion" at my old high school. They have it in the school cafeteria; everyone brings food and you can sit/visit with whoever you want, from whatever class. Apparently a group of my classmates got together at one of these and decided to have a reunion for just our class. It's reasonably priced: $13 per person, local, I think it'll be at the Golden Corral. I've heard from people that I haven't seen in years since they got started contacting people. Kinda neat, I guess. But the truth is that I don't spend much time with school friends that live close. But, right now I'm thinking that I'll go. I'm not in too bad a shape for the shape that I'm in. :D

It's fun to see the people you went to school with. All the women look like their mothers and all the men look like old fat guys.

We went to different schools then because most of the guys I know that will be there are muscular looking with no fat. Most of the photos of the women I have seen look pretty darn good. Not like a model but pretty sexy looking. A woman looks her best when she is in her 40s.

I'll let you know, as we have an informal gathering this summer. But when I went to the 10th, it was like that and I doubt that time has been any friendlier.

well im 1 of them old fat bald toothless guys in my class.an i see a few of my class around.an the girls did not get prettier.