High cost of family pets......

Help Support CattleToday:

High cost of pet vaccinations and treatments is significantly related to CITY DESIGNER DOG VETS (or those Vets that are in the suburbs that have an active "city pet" business).

Take your pets to a rural Vet. Shouldn't cost more than $50-75. a year for all vaccinations.

Here in the states there is pet health insurance available. Don't know what all it covers, but it's something I might consider if I get another bordercollie.

The one I have blew her knees out a coupld years ago. I was told that it was a correctable thing, but it would require surgery, and at the tune of about three grand, I opted to not have her go through that procedure. She gets around pretty good, but she isn't a mountain goat any more, she asks for help getting into the pickup bed, and she will get pretty stiff after helping out with livestock. I just administer some meticam, and that seems to help out quit a bit. (she will still sale through an open window of a pickup if something upsets her, like a gunshot, or a lawn mower)

Those canadian prices sound pretty bad. I'm glad I'm here in the middle of the US. I keep saying that the next time I need something done, I'm taking myself to the vet. :clap:

Todd Farms Inc. That is not such a bad idea. Four years ago my wife was bitten by a tick and became very ill. She was hospitalized and the Dr's could not diagnose her. I was talking to my Vet and he told me what her illness was and how to treat it. After three days in intensive care, the Dr's figured it out. I think we have more intelligent Vets than Doctors in Alabama. Tom :cboy:

Latest posts