Hiding Presents

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
I'm a little ticked off right now.
Thought I had found a pretty good hiding spot for presents from the 2 kids, I guess not.
My daughter started buggging me this evening that we needed to wrap her gifts, what gifts?
The ones in your closet. :mad:
Now there is a dog bed in front of the closet doors (very small closet) The door handles are about 4 1/2 feet off of the floor, she can't reach them.
I'm pretty sure she had help from her big brother.

sigh

Not too sure what to do, tempted to take them back since she already knows what she is getting.

I luv herfrds":2z63adcy said:
Thought I had found a pretty good hiding spot for presents from the 2 kids, I guess not.
My daughter started buggging me this evening that we needed to wrap her gifts, what gifts?
Now there is a dog bed in front of the closet doors (very small closet) The door handles are about 4 1/2 feet off of the floor, she can't reach them.

sigh

Not too sure what to do, tempted to take them back since she already knows what she is getting.

A local woman told a story about the same thing. Her mother made her come with her when she returned ther present. What she didn;t know was that her mother had set it all up and didn;t rwally do the return thing, just looked like it to the kid.

That's mean. Hunting presents is like hunting easter eggs. Its all part of it. (Hiding it in the CLOSET? :shock: How on earth did you ever think of that) :lol2: :lol2:

We just changed our closet door hardware for outside door hardware. Doesn't take five minutes to swap, and you can lock it with a key.

A lot of the fun of Christmas was hunting the presents. If they found them, then you need to do a better job in hiding them. :lol:

:lol: Better job of hiding and using a set of decoys (presents they end up finding but don't appear under the tree) ought to keep things fun.

Well it was just her presents, I was going to get them wrapped up either today or tomorrow. Might just wrap them up and give them to her for her birthday, in May. :lol2:

Let's see, son's are hidden behind the bench seat in the crew cab pick up, 1 birthday gift for him is up in the in laws closet (I know he already found that, but doesn't know it is for his birthday), and the ones from the grandparents are hidden in the trunk of either the chevy or the plymouth.
So we have them all scattered out. Hid them one year up at the uncles place because they were pretty intent on finding them.
Hid the husbands gifts in the daughters closet.

Stick the old television, computer, or something like that in the box the new one came in. Store that old television in the utility closet forever. Take a good look at it anytime the kids are around. Then shift it to the top of the closet one day while they are there with you.

One night when they are not around, throw out that old item, but keep that box and put it back in the top of the closet. That is your hiding spot for kid's things.

If you happen to have some square bales in the barn, create a cavity in the squares a few bales back.

Store your spouse's gifts at a friend's house.

backhoeboogie said:
Stick the old television, computer, or something like that in the box the new one came in. Store that old television in the utility closet forever. Take a good look at it anytime the kids are around. Then shift it to the top of the closet one day while they are there with you.

One night when they are not around, throw out that old item, but keep that box and put it back in the top of the closet. That is your hiding spot for kid's things.

If you happen to have some square bales in the barn, create a cavity in the squares a few bales back.

Store your spouse's gifts at a friend's house.[/quote]

I figured my wife already got the best Christmas gift she could have... ME! :lol2: :clap: :lol:

Knowing myself the way I do, if I scattered presents out everywhere I would forget every place I hid them!!

Parents kept them in the trunk of the car. Trunks were bigger then.

I used to keep them in the attic but they are in my closet now. I told my kids that once when I was ten, I looked at all my presents and then, when it was Christmas, it took all the joy out of opening them because I knew what each one was. I was trying to discourage them. I guess it is something you have to do once. I never did it again. I like being suprised.

When I was a kid, my mom thought she was real smart one year and wrapped presents as soon as she bought them. Worked out well til one day we had a snowday and too much time on our hands. Used a razorblade and cut the tape, me and sis played Atari all day, then wrapped it back up. Mom never knew til years later we told her :D

I have yet to make it back on Santa's good girl list. :(

Michele

my mom an dad was masters at hiding mine an my bros christmas gifts.an alot of my gifts was hard to hide.because id say 1 or 2 things id want an never mention it again.i busted my dad 1 christmas morning.they got me a real pinball machine.an had to hide it at our cousins house.an get my uncles to help them haul it a mile an get it in the house an set up.an my dad an uncle was playing it.an i heard it an woke up.the next morning i mentioned it an he was madd as fire :lol2: so i knew id busted them for sure.

my parents always put the gifts at the grandparents house, have a hard time explaining what ur doin searchin their house :D anything they order gets shipped to the grandparents house ,too

Im 19 right now and can't say I ever found the presents during Christmas time (still dont know where they kept them when we were younger, probably in their closet). Then again I was such a firm believer in Santa that I probably never went looking too often.

I luv herfrds":3v9he0ik said:

sigh

wrap them all. BUT put brothers names on hers and her name on his. they will be utterly confused... i had this happen to me one year and i couldn't understand why i was gettin little boys underwear. haha.

Bought new gifts yesterday. They are hidden in the trunk of a '57 Chevy and in the cab of a 2 ton grain truck. Might hide them in the box of the grain truck next year.

bigbull338 said:
my dad an uncle was playing it.an i heard it an woke up./quote]

My sibs and I used to stay at my parents on Christmas eve and wait for the kids to go to bed, then we'd get out the presents and put them together while having a few and catching up. One time my sis bought her son a metal detector, the next morning he told us he spent the night listening to us find all of the nails in Dads floor! :lol:
After that we cut down on the drinks :roll:
Merry Christmas to all!

Latest posts