Hiding a Game Camera

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Going to try to catch the people who are tresspassing on our property.
Any ideas of how to hide our game camera from them?
Got a Bushnell that is black.
There are a few large bushes and some bushes we call buck brush.

We most definately want to catch them in the act and not tip our hand that we have the camera out there. :help:

Use two one high and one low so if they stumble on the low one you still have pics. I have a game warden friend and they always use three one as a decoy for them to steal if they happen to see it. Then you have them for felony theft and tresspassing.

It is best to use an infrared model so that the flash does not give it away. Off to one side is better than trying to get a straight on pic since it might be easier seen.

Tom the people tresspassing are hunters given permission by our neighbor to hunt his land. Neighbor has an easement across our property, but there is nothing in the easement granting his hunters the right to cross.
If they asked us we would grant permission.
They are also driving off the road and all over our property.

We have 1 hunter who is granted permission every year to drive anywhere he wants, he is handicaped.

I luv herfrds":mdkmwdev said:
Tom the people tresspassing are hunters given permission by our neighbor to hunt his land. Neighbor has an easement across our property, but there is nothing in the easement granting his hunters the right to cross
This might be a simple fix of going and talking to the "tresspassers" ,if you have not done that yet, they may not even know about the easement rule you refered to. that rule you said about the hunters useing the easement I have never heard of, not saying its not so,One thing for sure if you make your neighbors or neighbors friends mad it can be a big head ache for years to come and cost you lots money!!!
the driving off the road is another thing I would not like that but how are you going to prove it if one man has permission to. again talking to them may just solve the problem
A good chat over a cup of coffee does better than getting the law involved sometimes

I have somewhat of the same problem. My neighbor and I have 160 acres apiece. The total 320 acres are perimeter fenced. I'm going to put in the last fence run to separate our properties.

Since my neighbor has an easement, I'm going to run an additional fence just inside the present end fence to keep him going straight up my property line to his instead of him driving completely across mine. I'll eat the price of the new mutual gate and fence if I must. Will even eat the price of cutting a new trail/road. That will secure my property and still give my neighbor access to his. If he's willing to help with the cost of the last section of fencing, I'll even cut his road/trail to where the present road/trail is. These are barely logging trails across forest land.

Bryant let me tell you what happened this last fall.

I found where someone had driven off of the road and all over our property. I called the sheriff's department to report the tresspassing.
While I was waiting for the deputy to arrive one of his hunters pulled up to speak with me.
He informed me that if I did not knock my crap off the guy who has the easement is going to call a lawyer and nail my azz for harrassment. :mad: :mad: :mad:

About 7 years ago we got an agreement with the neighbor to put metal fence posts in just one end of this road to protect ourselves from liability of a hunter driving into our gravel pit. Just during hunting season and removing the day after the end of hunting season. We just started having trouble with him the last 2 years.
Since he and his hunters like treating our property as their own private hunting preserve I want to catch them doing it. then maybe we can get the easement pulled.
This is the second road leading to his property, there is a much better road that we own half of to the west. So pulling this one won't keep him from accessing his land.

I was able to catch a couple thieves, a few years back, on camera. You kinda have to think like them and do the opposite. I figured they would be looking up and around so I placed the camera on the ground. It took me hours to get it set where it would take a good picture and not focus on the grass and leaves, and still have it completely covered. I got a picture of the truck, the license plate, and a guy taking a leak 15 feet from the camera. I even got pictures of them loading my stuff in their truck. When I took them to the police station, they wanted to come out and take pictures of the place and the camera. They kept looking around and at the pictures trying to figure out where to camera was. When I showed them where it was they couldn't believe it. They never thought to look at the ground either. One of the men was a helper of a contractor I had hired to do some work the summer before. Guess what, the idiot was wearing a shirt with his bosses logo on it. ( the be nice is the opposite of a blouse, go figure)

From the first 2 post I did'nt take it that you knew who these people were because you said
I luv herfrds":36b0wki0 said:
If they asked us we would grant permission
that is why I said sound like everyone needs to talk out the problem .But it sounds like you knqw who they are and it also sounds like you are a lot more tolerant than me cause if I already had to have sheriff out and there is still a problem he would be going to his lawer because I would shut down the road and see him in court,them easements can be a problem sometimes

Hubby went over there a few days ago and found 4-wheeler tracks going through our winter wheat. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Unfortunately the snow we got washed away the tracks. :devil2:

If he had told me sooner the deputies would have been out there ASAP.

Talked to our son who has a 4-wheeler and he never goes over there and has no plans to do so.

I have been wondering did you get the problem taken care of?
I read a story of some people that was useing the new Game cameras thet send a picture back to your computer now that would work real good , even if they stole your camera you would have them.

Funniest thing happened. The camera didn't catch him, the guy who bought some gravel from us and was hauling it out of the pit caught the neighbor. :D
Now the road into the gravel pit is not an easement road and is posted no tresspassing.

Neighbor went down there to talk to this guy. He noticed that the large pile of crushed gravel had over half missing and demanded to know where it was. (it was hauled over to our place because we had it crushed over 12 years ago), neighbor claimed it was his and he had paid for some equipment to come in there and do it. What a liar!
The guy hauling called the hubby who was nearby, but when he got there the neighbor was gone. Hubby heard what was said and called the sheriff's department. A deputy called the neighbor who admitted to being down there. Was informed it was not part of the easement and to stay out.

Well he flagged the hubby down a couple days later and apoligized. said he really thought we were all friends. BS. He's only your friend when he wants something.
They talked and he admitted to taking our uncles crushed gravel, claimed he didn't know which way was north or south. :roll:
Told hubby that he said some things to his hunters that he regrets.
He thinks it is all settled but I know unless it is on paper nothing is settled.

Ran into that hunter at a graduation. He acted all buddy buddy to us, but I was pretty cold to him, so he caught the hint. Now to catch them on the camera. ;-)

When someone has an easement to cross your land, can you change the route so the route is the shortest instead of the present meandering route?

Latest posts