Hi mag mineral

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard, If I remember right you were looking for Hi Mag with fly, correct? They have some available now. Wind and Rain hi mag with fly. If I remember you were going to go with the Hi mag, medicated, fly because the didn't have it before. I am using it now. I suspect they made it available due to the vfd this year, so folks would still have hi mag and fly available that didn't want to fool with medicated any more.

TexasBred":othtcu19 said:
Cross-7":othtcu19 said:
I haven't found any hi mag yet
Most any feed store should have some with 10% mag. level.
I checked 3 different places here and the highest I found was 5% mag but the rest of the minerals weren't all that great according to the tag.
One place, I had bought it from last year but they said they didn't order any more after they sold what they had. Reason? "We didn't sell much of it."

Me:
"Huh? You sold all you had and didn't order any more..How can you sell a lot of it if you don't have any?" :bang: :bang:

TB--what's the 'shelf life' on bagged mineral? Is it still fine a year later?

greybeard":2h7agba1 said:
TexasBred":2h7agba1 said:
Cross-7":2h7agba1 said:
I haven't found any hi mag yet
Most any feed store should have some with 10% mag. level.
I checked 3 different places here and the highest I found was 5% mag but the rest of the minerals weren't all that great according to the tag.
One place, I had bought it from last year but they said they didn't order any more after they sold what they had. Reason? "We didn't sell much of it."

Me:
"Huh? You sold all you had and didn't order any more..How can you sell a lot of it if you don't have any?" :bang: :bang:

TB--what's the 'shelf life' on bagged mineral? Is it still fine a year later?
GB the mineral part will be good but Vitamins (especially Vitamin A) tend to deteriorate over time. They probably stock more in fall when folks are beginning to graze wheat and oats. I never feed it in spring as cattle are on the pasture as it greens up so get slowly acclimated to it over time.....just Bermuda grass though.

Bermuda or bahia would be fine, but come late winter early spring, I always have as much ryegrass and oats as I can get up.
Every place near me panders to the goats, sheep, horse folks, unless I drive 75 miles to Woodville or 95 miles to Bryan.

Latest posts