Hey, you guys out in West-central MO..

Help Support CattleToday:

Tommy Ruyle

Reaction score
...are you keeping your heads above water???????

We've only had around 3" here so far.

I see on the weather page some of you are over 6". :shock:

Only 2 1/2 inches so far but the serious stuff hasn't gotten here yet

Ya,ll keep an eye to the sky, this could be a bad one, run and jump in a hole if need to. (Storm Shelter)

curtis":35v0tf0g said:
Ya,ll keep an eye to the sky, this could be a bad one, run and jump in a hole if need to. (Storm Shelter)

Heck, all of our holes are filled with water!

It sprinkled earlier but now it just looks like it could. Weather says 100% rain for today. the radar shows a lot in MO,IN,Ar and western KY.

Not in MO but 12 miles away from Stateline over in KS. We had 20 to 24 hours non stop rain. Never seen anything like it. Almost stayed up last night to see when it would stop to see if it made the complete 24 hours. I know if it was still raining when I got up this morning I was going to start working on an Ark!

Here in NE/C Arkansas, I have heard some say that they had 48 hours straight of rain. Ours has been off and on for a week or so. Not many dry places around here.

Tommy Ruyle":2bgjxzbz said:
...are you keeping your heads above water???????

We've only had around 3" here so far.

I see on the weather page some of you are over 6". :shock:

In SW Arkansas, we have received about 30" of rain in the last three months which is unhead of during the dry months. This is probably a new record in as far as records have been taken. Normally, we receive a little over 50" per year. We could be on track for about 100". :shock: :shock: :shock:

The rain stopped this afternoon. We got just over 10 inches in 24 hours. The streams are all over everything. The creeks are starting to go down, but the river will keep rising for another 10 or so hours. A few weeks ago, I cleared 20 acres of brush and had a beautiful green stand of rye, wheat, and fescue. Gonna be interesting to see what it looks like when the water goes down.

Latest posts