Hey! Update time!!!!!!

Help Support CattleToday:

cow_crazy_101

Reaction score
Hey guys it has been i long time since I have beeen on here. So this is what been going.
- Sold my steers at the sale barn .
- Won my beef visual prestation state contest.
- went too my first angus open show. Took 5 calves down there. showmanship sucked, they only placed 1,2,3. The judge said i did everything right 'cept not holding her head up high enough .My little sister placed 2nd. Would have made 1st but would not stop fiddleing with the hefiers feet. she won a show stick. we all did okay in breed heats but i had the youngest hefier there. But we did really good in the skillathon and judging. My little sister won the junior judging. her 3rd time judging livestock first time judging cows. my big sister won senior judging and senior skillathon. I would have intermediate judging but this girls whos dad gave her all the answers won judging, and her dad won adult judging go figare. in the skillathon a little boy won whos grandpa told him all the answers won.. but thats is how it goes.

- WE GOT A BRAHMAN!!!!!! My little brother got her too show.she was broke already, she is soo gentle so tame so is annoying!!LOL!!

- Next show is the 21-22-23. i am taking 3 but total we are taking 7.

- i went to cow camp, and saw a steer harvested! not very pretty. but cool at the same time. next year we get too ai hefiers! very cool cant wait!

And i have a question- How do i get rid of ringworm??

Will put pictures up for evuation soon!!! Btw- Hey Alice! how are you?

It sounds like you are doing a good job and you are having fun at the same time. Keep up the work and it will pay off!!

As forthe ringworm, you can use bleach, athletes foot spray, fluid film, and there are many other things. I would do a search to see what everyone else has used and what has worked for them. Get a hold of it while its not a big problem.

Whew, slow down you're making me tired, but congrats on all the winnings. Now to ringworm, we had a beefmaster bull calf one year that picked them up from a heifer my son had taken to a show, had them on his ears, neck knees, rump, I mean everywhere, and everything I put on them his mama licked off!!!! Whew, she must have had a cast iron gut!!!!! But I finally found some Dr. Naylor's purple spray in a pump bottle. It did the trick. We would scrap the ringworm a little, then spray it down. Mama tried to lick one time and that was it. She looked real cute with a purple tongue.....After I ran out of that stuff I just got plain old purple spray in the pump, as long as it has gentin violet in it your good to go. Killed the ringworm, and did not hurt the hair, in two weeks you never knew he had one-many...Also you can find Captan at your feedstore or hardware store it is a plant fungicide, that works good too. You mix a tablespoon of it with about 1/4 mineral oil and coat the ringworm, people here have used it on their goats and lambs. Good Luck