Hey Slick4591-Cowboys Needed

Help Support CattleToday:

Texasmark

Reaction score
Hey slick4591,

Have a new neighbor, been going on 3 years now that has a bunch of bovines, 8 mamas, 1 daddy, half a dozen or so sprouts that need some working. He has a corral and getting them up isn't a problem. Doesn't have a commercially built squeeze chute but has a containment area as part of the corral.

You know of any cowboys that currently have their shingle out and need some work? He is looking for Friday or Sunday workers since that's the only time he's available. Wants to vaccinate the calves and maybe do a couple of nub dehorns. Don't need horses as he gets them up easily himself. Pays good.

Thanks,
Mark

TennesseeTuxedo":1vuaz5h3 said:
Silly me, I thought you'd been watching Dallas this preseason.

No but have been by there numerous times, not all that far from me.......JR & Co. are the exception, not the rule around here....but there are a few "mansions and spreads".....course there isn't much "spread" to JRs place. Urbania has him boxed in.

I know a few but Fridays are probably not good since they already have jobs. Send me pay, how many, location, etc.. and I'll throw a couple of feelers out. And the way I hear it that football team could use a few, also.

Thanks for the replies. Local feed store belongs to a BTO so they have fabulous resources to support customer's needs, and theirs....probably the reason for opening it in the first place, besides the fact that the town of 1700 didn't have one and lots of ag. in the area. Proved it again this AM. Called and asked. Got a phone no. Called and got a super response. Done deal.

Texasmark":6q1s43qo said:
Hey slick4591,

Have a new neighbor, been going on 3 years now that has a bunch of bovines, 8 mamas, 1 daddy, half a dozen or so sprouts that need some working. He has a corral and getting them up isn't a problem. Doesn't have a commercially built squeeze chute but has a containment area as part of the corral.

You know of any cowboys that currently have their shingle out and need some work? He is looking for Friday or Sunday workers since that's the only time he's available. Wants to vaccinate the calves and maybe do a couple of nub dehorns. Don't need horses as he gets them up easily himself. Pays good.

Thanks,
Mark
Yeah sounds like a good squeeze chute and some cattle panels would pay for their self. Just sayin

ALACOWMAN":mmsh7vaw said:
Well I figured that, but good hands on no more head than that, won't take but an hour...
They did quote by the day, didn't say how many hours that would require. But that's ok. Job will get done, owner won't get hurt, cowboys will have done their job for which they were hired much better than the owner possibly could....since he is new to farming/ranching.

Besides that he is going to need transportation to the sale next spring-early summer and these same guys have the equipment and expertise to get that job done for him too without him or any of his animals running off or anybody-thing getting hurt.....win-win.

quartermeter":7diwxj6e said:
Texasmark":7diwxj6e said:
Hey slick4591,

Thanks,
Mark
Yeah sounds like a good squeeze chute and some cattle panels would pay for their self. Just sayin

We built the pen last year and acclimated the cows to it....feed cubes inside. They round themselves up and stand there rolling their eyes at you waiting for their handout. Has a loading chute and working area.