Hey Frankie

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowherefords

Reaction score
Frankie, there have been a lot of times we haven't agreed. When it comes to vegetarians and animal rights activists, I'm glad to be on your side. Those were some very good posts the other day on the thread concerning vegetarians etc.

Some of the most unhealthy people I know eat very little meat. I would challenge any vegetarian to work side by side with me all week and see if he could pull his weight. I know when my lunch doesn't contain meat, I get hungry much more quickly. There are few things I would dread more than unloading a truckload of cabinetry in 95 degree heat on a stomach that had nothing but vegetables in it. Same goes for hauling hay.

Did you see this story? It has PETA scrambling...

"www.roanoke-chowannewsherald.com/articles/2005/06/16/news/anews1.txt

News

PETA possibly involved with dead dogs

By Cal Bryant AHOSKIE - A month-long investigation into animal cruelty has resulted in a pair of arrests, individuals possibly linked with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals).

On Wednesday, Andrew Benjamin Cook, 24, of 504 Tree Top Street, Virginia Beach, Va. and Adria Joy Hinkle, 27, of 1602 Claremont Ave., Norfolk, Va. were each charged with 31 felony counts of animal cruelty and eight misdemeanor counts each of illegal disposal of dead animals.

Both were transported to the Hertford County jail, each under a $35,500 secured bond.

Ahoskie Police Chief Troy Fitzhugh said Cook and Hinkle posted bond prior to incarceration.

"We've been investigating animal cruelty and illegal disposal of dead animals within our city for the last four weeks," Fitzhugh said. "Our investigators determined that these incidents were occurring every Wednesday for approximately one month."

Yesterday (Wednesday) law enforcement officials with the Ahoskie Police and Bertie County Sheriff's Office were able to observe a white panel van drive next to the commercial dumpster located behind Piggly Wiggly in Newmarket Shopping Center. A person in the van tossed several dark-colored bags in the dumpster before the van attempted to pull away.

At that time, a traffic stop was initiated on the van - a vehicle occupied by Cook and Hinkle.

The bags located in the dumpster contained 18 dead dogs, including one bag containing seven puppies. An additional 13 dead dogs were found in the van.

A license check revealed the van was registered to PETA in Norfolk, Va.

It is not yet confirmed if Cook and Hinkle are official representatives of the animal rights group.

However, Detective Sgt. Ed Pittman of the Bertie Sheriff's Office confirmed, through the county's Animal Control Officer, that Cook and Hinkle identified themselves as PETA representatives from Norfolk, Va.

"According to Barry (Anderson, Bertie's Animal Officer), the man and woman told him they were picking up the dogs to take them back to Norfolk where they would find them good homes," Pittman said.

Pittman added that as far as he knew, persons identifying themselves as PETA representatives had picked-up live dogs at the Bertie Animal Shelter for at least the last two months.

Anderson, also involved in Wednesday's surveillance and subsequent arrest, was able to positively identify nearly all of the dogs found in the dumpster as the ones picked-up just a few hours earlier on Wednesday by Cook and Hinkle.

"Barry documents the animals as they are received at the animal shelter," Pittman noted.

Two of the 31 dogs were kept for an autopsy. The remainder were properly buried on Town of Ahoskie property.

Chief Fitzhugh praised the work of his lead investigator, Detective Sgt. Jeremy Roberts, as well as the outstanding corporation between his agency and Bertie County Sheriff Greg Atkins and his investigators."

They were going to county shelters and vets, picking up dogs and cats and promising to take them to PETA HQs to be adopted out. Instead they were apparently killing them in their van and dumping the bodies. Some of the vets who gave them animals are very upset. Now they're investigating them for drug charges because they weren't licensed to have the drugs they used for killing the animals. And PETA is trying to cover their behinds....

since the topic of PETA came up, I can't help but put this one out there...

I was recently driving through Georgia when I caught a glance of a billboard that darn near made me run the truck off the road. Of course, I had to get another look ;-). It was the second pass down I-75 which I noticed the PRINT part of the billboard.

I hesitate to give out the link, as I certainly don't want to drive folks to their site. These PETA folks don't have a clue what they're talkin' about when it comes to rodeo. My bulls LOVE to buck, observe my operation and I can prove it. I walk around behind the buckin chutes and make sure none of the riders have sharpened up their spurs, and if I find a gouge in my stock's hide after a ride, the rider better go runnin' or he's in for a whoopin.

In any event, this ad is worth a look (for the guys at least). The tagline is HILARIOUS.

Word of caution, proceed at your own peril :p Not for kids under 16 ;-)

So here goes:

http://www.bucktherodeo.com/bonnie.html

Now how in the heck can a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader be associated with THIS????? :mad:

And what PLANET is PETA on anyway?

Mike Bishop - http://www.flbullrider.com

PETA actually stands for:
P-People
E-Eating
T-Tasty
A-Animals
As a CowBelle in New Mexico we go to the State Fair and hand out info on beef.Last year we got blasted by alot of these PETA things.I am not sure I can even call them humans cause it takes even a little intelligence to be one and obviously they have none.

If any of you saw the story about PETA on Fox News, did you by any chance see the shot of their Headquarters? It's huge. Lets us know how much $ is involved with these freaks.

Latest posts