Hey Flaboy

Help Support CattleToday:

D.R. Cattle

Reaction score
I've been looking high and low for a better deal on a good Florida cowwhip. Best place around me is Eli's in Okeechobee. They run $10/foot there. Got any secret stashes?

D.R. Cattle":gwdnwhky said:
I've been looking high and low for a better deal on a good Florida cowwhip. Best place around me is Eli's in Okeechobee. They run $10/foot there. Got any secret stashes?

Looking for one myself - standing by for the answer.

Bez!

ffscj":w4bbp9yw said:
www.cowwhips.com

Not cheaper but high quality whips.

Chris

I saw that site. Looks more like a fashion show for whips rather than the kind you pop stubborn bulls with. Braided parachute cord with wooden swivel handle and replaceable popper is more the speed.

D.R. Cattle":205n79h5 said:
ffscj":205n79h5 said:
www.cowwhips.com

Not cheaper but high quality whips.

Chris

I saw that site. Looks more like a fashion show for whips rather than the kind you pop stubborn bulls with. Braided parachute cord with wooden swivel handle and replaceable popper is more the speed.

D.R., that's where I get mine(cowwhips.com). Rhett makes some assume whips. I have three. Don't be fooled by the frilly colorful stuff in the pictures. Those are just for show. Rhett uses parachute cord and wooden handles also. I have been using his whips for a while. He is an old Florida boy too. I have an 8 foot like the picture and two 10 foots that have an overall length of 12 feett. I use the 10' out in the open and carry the 8 in pen in case I need it to get someone's attention. Like someone said, the are not cheap but it will most likely last you a life time if you treat it right. He usually has a waiting list but it just depends on timing. He makes each whip to order. He doesn't stock whips. Don't be fooled by the frilly pictures.

I use brown and yellow, looks like a diamond back. I will never go back to leather whips after using these. A good leather whip is hard to come by and our weather just east them up.

You might could use a 12 off of a horse but I prefer the 10 which with the fall is about 12 feet.

If ya want I can drop him an email and tell him you are looking for one like the ones I buy.
Whip.jpg

Bez!":1jcyx6ta said:
D.R. Cattle":1jcyx6ta said:

Bez!

I haven't seen Eli's whips but at $10/ft for leather whip in my opinion is not a quality whip. If it is parachute cord and dipped in bee's wax then that is pretty good depending on how many plait it is. I just got tired of having to protect my leather whips like they were some collectors item. Rhett's whips will take just about anything you can throw at it. If it gets soft over time, just re-dip it. I haven't had to re-do mine yet.

flaboy+":3d8027aj said:
Bez!":3d8027aj said:
D.R. Cattle":3d8027aj said:

Bez!

I haven't seen Eli's whips but at $10/ft for leather whip in my opinion is not a quality whip. If it is parachute cord and dipped in bee's wax then that is pretty good depending on how many plait it is. I just got tired of having to protect my leather whips like they were some collectors item. Rhett's whips will take just about anything you can throw at it. If it gets soft over time, just re-dip it. I haven't had to re-do mine yet.

Wax coated parachute cord. Everyone around here is using them and satisfied. Just wondering if $10/ft was the best I could do.

D.R. Cattle":2m9i888b said:
Wax coated parachute cord. Everyone around here is using them and satisfied. Just wondering if $10/ft was the best I could do.

That's about the same as Rhett's price and you don't have to wait. Shoot who knows maybe he makes them for Eli.

flaboy+":qiuxyotp said:
D.R. Cattle":qiuxyotp said:

That's about the same as Rhett's price and you don't have to wait. Shoot who knows maybe he makes them for Eli.

I was thinking the same thing.

Latest posts