hey farmmer buddies

Help Support CattleToday:

brownmule

Reaction score
i missed you all, been crazy here, havent had time to catch up on the latest cow news ..
been dealing with this thyroid condition, changed drs {the one i was going to was just running my ins card.i guess he figures since the st wasnt paying for it and it was processed fast hed "milk it for what is worth" mean while i was getting sicker and sicker went from 168 lbs to 118 lbs in about 3 months. i lived in scrubs. had no jeans that would fit. lost so much mussel mass it was scary. big scary moment for me was , went to ride my mule had a heck of a time setting the saddle on her. then tried to get on her didnt have the strength to pull my self up could nt pull with my arms couldnt push w my legs ! there i was hanging off her side like a squirle hanging on a tree . {good thing i a have a good mule } it took for ever to get up there but i couldnt let it whip me.. my friend gale wanted to help me,,but i cant have some one help me get in the saddle! i guess that s a cowboy/cowgirl pride kind of thing. or maybe just a "mule headed woman" thing LOL any way changed dr went to greenbrier clintic got a great dr. got the full work up. got radiation
to zap that over active thyroid. 2 weeks later.. i m ready to hit the ground running now i have to hit the bottom of the scale. then take meds to keep it level. still in the middle of the rd right now doing blood work every month to see where we are.. hopefully by hay season ill be back on track. lost so much time last summer with building fence , too dang cold to do much now.. just chomping at the bit waiting for warm weather... any way. i just wanted to ck in and try to catch up with you all.. hope all had great holidays and every one has a good season for hay , cows ,and farming in general be safe
Rose :cboy:

Good to see you back aboard. :welcome: Been wondering about you. Thought maybe you got to feuding up there and got shot or something. :lol2: Actually I was wondering if it was the other way around and you got put in the lock up. :nod:

Certainly glad your health is better. i know what you mean about being bled for the insurance. Went to chiropractor for a long time. Did me no good so I quit. He was more interested in getting me to schedule the next appointment than he was in how I was doing. Maybe try to find another one.

Ryder said:
Thought maybe you got to feuding up there and got shot or something. :lol2: Actually I was wondering if it was the other way around and you got put in the lock up. :nod:

thats too funny, i found out that whlie im in the thyroid storm mode that i had to be very carefully. beeing all hormonal and every thing that i could flip out..do things i would never do..like suit up in a bio-hazard suit and give that ol crazy chick a good ol " country *** whoppen" humm this could work for me LOL have some kind of "out of body experience" it hold up in court ! LOL might be an interesting spring lol
R :lol:

glad to see you back.hope you can get your health back on the right track.so you can catch up on things come spring.

You are not dead and you are not in the slammer. Been wondering where you were off to.

If they get the thyroid regulated, you'll feel better. The boss lady went through all of that a few years back. They had to up the dose about two years later.

Stick around this time.

Oh Rose, that's rough! A friend of mine went thru that...loved the weight loss, but said losing it like that wasn't worth it. I think she had surgery for it. That was a really long time ago, however.

Take care of yourself.

Alice

Happy to hear things are going better, sounds like you'll be ready for spring .

Larry

Latest posts