Hey Dun

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I noticed you said you had a daughter out of Millenium. Do you raise registered red angus? I bought 9 bred heifers bred to Combination. Have you heard much about his birth weights?

Well yes we have registered Red Angus. We use them as commercial even though they are usually bred to Red Angus bulls. We also use Polled Hereford bulls on some of the cows, love those F1s. The only bulls I have direct knowledge of concerning calving weights/ease are those that we've used.

dun

red angus":24k4rdxp said:
I noticed you said you had a daughter out of Millenium. Do you raise registered red angus? I bought 9 bred heifers bred to Combination. Have you heard much about his birth weights?

I haven't heard anything about his birth wts yet and I haven't used him. His CED isn't what I would typically use on heifers but he is unproven at this time and I'm somewhat of a coward when it comes to heifers. I know people that have used bulls like King Rob and Grand Canyon on heifers and never batted an eye. I would keep a close eye on them at calving.

How big of a herd do you have?

Also, can you tell much of a difference between black and red angus concerning heat tolerance in central tx? I spoke with a Brazillian last spring, and he told me that S. America would not touch black angus bulls because the heat would make them lose their semen potentcy.

I know they're selling a lot of Red Angus into South America, I think Brazil mostly.
On the hot muggy cloudy days around here I can't see any difference, if the sun is high and now breeze the reds are out grazing earlier after their noon break. But the few blacks are only a few inutes behind. Our blacks are all very short slick haired and have been acclimated to this environment.

dun

Anonymous":30cvmzpx said:
How big of a herd do you have?

Also, can you tell much of a difference between black and red angus concerning heat tolerance in central tx? I spoke with a Brazillian last spring, and he told me that S. America would not touch black angus bulls because the heat would make them lose their semen potentcy.

That is typical of the south American buyers no matter what breed. There are a lot of Simbrah cattle going to south American buyers, and they want deep red, prefer white face, okay if they have some white on their legs. But they won't touch a black or a black white face Simbrah.