Hey Bull Lady...

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
Just curious about your venture for a handgun.
The other thread got a bit off track and I quit following.

I shot a Smith and Wesson 38 last night. Pretty sweet little gun.
Light and compact yet being a revolver...looks intimidating.

I was surprised at the number of men that carry that exact gun.

Carlos D.":y6c1ryl6 said:
just curious--do a lot of people carry a hand gun with them all the time ---and is it legal

carl
yes carlos its legal to carry hand guns in the US.you go an appy for a liscence to carry a hand gun.an they will run your name to see if you can get a liscence.an if so they will issue you a permitt.certs i would not get a saturday nite special.id get a gun that would stop someone cold if you had to use it.

The licensure laws vary State by State. Some States are still "tree hugging, anti-gun", however. The positive side is that the majority of States in USA have a Concealed Carry licensure privilege. Several states have reciprocity when traveling between, among States.

I believe the NRA website has info on which States allow licensed carry, etc.

Generally, applicants must make formal application to their State, take an approved handgun training course (classroom instruction + shooting range qualification), get fingerprinted by Sheriff's dept., (or DPS) with paperwork and current "passport type" photo submitted with the fee to one's State's Department of Public Safety. Application is researched in State's Criminal database as well as the FBI database. If you're approved, usually get your CHL in 60 days or so (at least in Texas).

WELLLL--first off I'm not anti gun --got lots of them --no hand guns--up here it's to difficult to have one --my wife carry's one for work--but thats another story -(cop) but I see most of the murders up here are caused by illegal hand guns smuggled up from the states --In fact I just seen the ontario government has earmarked 26 million to try and stop the illegal entry of hand guns into canada now personally I dont see a reason for hand guns here --If you desire to have one the law states you must belong to a gun club and that its used for target shooting purposes--my nieghbour is one of these people he even went to the olymics a long time ago -- anyway some of these asian gangs and the like from the city are getting people riled up with their drive by shootings and killing inocent people ---and now we have to register our long guns--and where I live the rural population has precious little political clout---not many of us left

carl

Yes indeed Cert.. got a nice little 9 cal Ruger. Probably ran 500 rounds through it before the class!

Had a blast at class, which was held at our office. Everyone brought a different gun, so it was really fun to try out ones I hadn't shot before. One of the guys brought a 460 revolver.. SWEET. We started shooting a 5 gal bucket of water, and then wished we had a watermelon or two! We're going to set aside a day a week for shooting at the office. Always good to keep up on that stuff.

Should have the license any day now.. so look out! :cboy:

TheBullLady":ujhxq19j said:
Yes indeed Cert.. got a nice little 9 cal Ruger. Probably ran 500 rounds through it before the class!

Had a blast at class, which was held at our office. Everyone brought a different gun, so it was really fun to try out ones I hadn't shot before. One of the guys brought a 460 revolver.. SWEET. We started shooting a 5 gal bucket of water, and then wished we had a watermelon or two! We're going to set aside a day a week for shooting at the office. Always good to keep up on that stuff.

Should have the license any day now.. so look out! :cboy:

If you have a large supermarket around your area, frequently you can raid they're throw away bins in back and get old fruit and vegies to shot. he nice part is that if it's out of the way you can just leave the remnants and the critters and bugs will clean them up in now time.

Latest posts