Hey, Alejandro

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Merry Christmas to you also.

How's the deer hunting on your ranches in S. Texas and northern Mexico. I'm always amazed at the racks on the deer from down in the brush contry. If you have good deer country I'd almost bet that you make more per acre on the hunting rights than you do on cattle raising. I know that's the case for the old fellow on whose ranch I hunt, near Brady, Texas.

And with all those red cattle I wonder if you have ever had any hunters that had an "accident" ? Some years ago a good friend of mine invited her city boyfriend for a deer hunt on her dad's ranch in east Texas. She nearly had a heart attack when her idiot boyfriend whispered to her that he was about to shoot a big deer and she looked around and saw that it was actually one of her dad's registered American Red Brahman yearlings!!

Anyway, best of luck to you for the new year and I hope your various crossbreeding efforts work out to your satisfaction.

Thanks, and you are almost right we have really large deer in the farms that I own and I'm really in business with the Deer, Quail and Dove American Hunters every season mainly in the Mexican side where the deer have nice big racks.

In one of the crossbreeding programs that I began 5 years ago I began to inflence some of my commercial herd with Normande and I'm really satisfied with them specially with the Bulls that I kept with 1/4 Normande influence,(1/4 Normande-3/4 Simbrah) & the heifers are just perfect for replacement use.

> Merry Christmas to you also.
> How's the deer hunting on your
> ranches in S. Texas and northern
> Mexico. I'm always amazed at the
> racks on the deer from down in the
> brush contry. If you have good
> deer country I'd almost bet that
> you make more per acre on the
> hunting rights than you do on
> cattle raising. I know that's the
> case for the old fellow on whose
> ranch I hunt, near Brady, Texas.

> And with all those red cattle I
> wonder if you have ever had any
> hunters that had an
> "accident" ? Some years
> ago a good friend of mine invited
> her city boyfriend for a deer hunt
> on her dad's ranch in east Texas.
> She nearly had a heart attack when
> her idiot boyfriend whispered to
> her that he was about to shoot a
> big deer and she looked around and
> saw that it was actually one of
> her dad's registered American Red
> Brahman yearlings!!

> Anyway, best of luck to you for
> the new year and I hope your
> various crossbreeding efforts work
> out to your satisfaction.

[email protected]

Wow 70 pages...we got rained out yesterday. Shot 27 should have had 60. Not a fan of bacon wrapped dove but the deboned em and stuffed em and they were good! We cleaned out all the sausage and it was a feast. Hope ya'll had a good safe hunt too!

Latest posts