Heston 560 round baler

Help Support CattleToday:

LongLopeSlowHorse

Reaction score
The neighbor had one of these for sale for long time. Nobody seemed interested. It don't show much hay thru it--far less than the j.d. 535 of mine. He had lots of trouble with it and couldn't seem to get it to bale very good.

Finally he gave up and was gonna tow it to town and sell it for scrap. It had new tires on it and I bought the whole thing for the tires . Thought might eventually strip it and make a windrow turner/fluffer out of it.

Another good friend bought one new and used it for a few yrs. He hated it and went j.d. I asked him to maybe look at this one (first neighbor was VERY unmechanical) Second neighbor is very good friend of mine---but he said "Hell NO! I don't even want to walk by that s.o.b!!"

Anybody familiar with these? Are they really this bad? Any input appreciated--thanks.

Friend of mine has a 540 and rolls a couple hundred rolls a year with his. It's pretty dependable he doesn't have much problems with his. It doesn't roll the prettiest roll they are not very tight but he keeps all of them in a hay shed so it works good for him. I know that it doesn't like wet hay and if the hay is real fine sometimes he has trouble getting the roll started but once it starts it does ok.

First thing make sure the belts are the same length. On my 5530 if a couple of them get stretched out my bales look terrible and does not bale right.