• Vermeer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hesston

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cornstalk

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking at a Hesston 560 baler or a Vermeer 605k. Does anyone here run either? I'd prefer a deer..but only need to put up a couple hundred bales per year at this point, and therefore cannot justify spending alot of money on a baler. These units are local, and very reasonably priced. Tin looks very good on it...appears to have been stored inside it's entire life.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

we have had vermeer's since we started custom baling. We currently have the Production model of the 605M (great baler). We have had great bales with vermeers, and I haven't seen a great(as in circular and tight) bale ever. We run twine for the custom baling and that also keeps them really tight. Alot of the neighbors bought balers but I havn't seen any good bales come out yet.

You will be very happy with a vermeer and you will feed less moldy hay.

johndeereboy":nl2uhayf said:
we have had vermeer's since we started custom baling. We currently have the Production model of the 605M (great baler). We have had great bales with vermeers, and I haven't seen a great(as in circular and tight) bale ever. We run twine for the custom baling and that also keeps them really tight. Alot of the neighbors bought balers but I havn't seen any good bales come out yet.

You will be very happy with a vermeer and you will feed less moldy hay.
A poor operator can make a really horrible quality bale out of the very best of balers.

have had a j, super j, couple k's, an l, and right now have an xl vermeer. You have to watch those K balers---some of the early ones were basically lemmon's around these parts. After the first year or two they kind of got them straightened out, but those first ones created a lot of headaches. We have always ran vermeer balers and have had really good luck with them overall. Make a nice, big, tight bale. Good luck with your purchase. You probably cant go wrong either way.

I got a 605K and love it. Makes good tight heavy bales. Ran a 605 F for a long time and got the K last year. Hoping to move up to an M baler before too long. Do not know anythng about Heston balers, just I been happy with my K.

Latest posts