Heroes revisited

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Was at The Home Depot today and noticed a big poster hanging from the wall above the service desk and written in bold were the words "Our Heroes" and taped to the poster were photographs of some of the Home Depot employees. I mean no disrespect to those pictured because I'm sure they are great people and worthy of praise for whatever reason but this really got to me because yesterday I attended the funeral of a friend who in the opinions of most who knew him well agree that he died in Xuân Lộc in 1975. It was bittersweet in that it was sad to see him go but it was sweet knowing he was finally freed from the demons and the faces on the wall that haunted him these many years. Jumbled thoughts raced through my mind as I simply left the store without buying a thing.

Have you ever been in home depot in the early morning. They make em all get in a huddle and do some kinda go team song and chant????
Some kinda brain washing or something going on in there.

I have had the same nature of experience. Out shopping, maybe for groceries, something triggers an emotion. The emotion over-powers your purpose.

I usually find the nearest bar. Not a joke!

callmefence":2ig6j3wm said:
Have you ever been in home depot in the early morning. They make em all get in a huddle and do some kinda go team song and chant????

Yes. Sir. Seen that.

Thanks Fence but I'm fine just I don't know what to think about this millennial generation where someone is considered a hero for putting on a blue smock and going to work and paying taxes. Sort of expected in my day. But in light of things like that Jenner Hero thing I have to agree with HD that putting on the blue smock is much more heroic than a man putting on a woman's dress and the media doting over the pervert. But if I had to choose another definition over mine, I think I prefer Waylon's idea when it comes to heroes.

Hero is overused these day's. Home Depot workers are maybe heroes to their families. Had a school buddy who was a door gunner on a chopper in Nam. He's dead now, mostly from bourbon and coke. Wish I could have helped.

I agree Jo, the word or term Hero is thrown around way to loosely, many of "today's generation" has no real idea what a hero really is. I'll add a "hero" is not the current employee of the month.

Jogeephus":3tzvc8bg said:
Thanks Fence but I'm fine just I don't know what to think about this millennial generation where someone is considered a hero for putting on a blue smock and going to work and paying taxes. Sort of expected in my day. But in light of things like that Jenner Hero thing I have to agree with HD that putting on the blue smock is much more heroic than a man putting on a woman's dress and the media doting over the pervert. But if I had to choose another definition over mine, I think I prefer Waylon's idea when it comes to heroes.

Um Joe if they were wearing blue smocks, I think you might have been at lowe :cboy: s

callmefence":1yzu1ju1 said:
Jogeephus":1yzu1ju1 said:

Um Joe if they were wearing blue smocks, I think you might have been at lowe :cboy: s
Lowe's employees wear red vest. Some mgrs. wear blue. :nod:

callmefence":1cs12tys said:
Lowes does the same thing

TexasBred":2p416dha said:
callmefence":2p416dha said:
Jogeephus":2p416dha said:

Lowe's employees wear red vest. Some mgrs. wear blue. :nod:

Now I know

Schlumberger wear blue. The Cameron guys called them Smurfs--till Schlumberger bought Cameron out last year and now Cameron has to wear the blue uniforms too. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts