• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hernia?

rangergirl56m

Reaction score
So I've noticed a bump growing right around my calfs navel. I *think* it's a hernia, but I really am not sure because I haven't had to deal with any before. I talked to my old boss at the dairy & he suggested duct tape, but I'm not so sure... What do ya'll think? Any idea what it is or how to fix it? I don't think it's an encapsulated navel...but I haven't seen one of those before either.

larryshoat

Reaction score
Rangergirl, if it's a hernia you should beable to push it back up into the body cavity . It doesn't look like something that I would be worried about . By the way, nice calf :tiphat: .

Larry

rangergirl56m

Reaction score
I have to check tomorrow, I'm pretty sure it can be pushed back I didn't specifically check for that. When I turn him out tomorrow I will check.

Thanks for the compliment. He's the first calf that I am raising entirely on my own that actually belongs to me, so I have put alot of time into him. He's going to be our logging ox when we get to kansas :-D

Latest posts