Herferd in labor

Help Support CattleToday:

If she is just now showing signs of labor, she is about to have it. If she has had the reddish discharge for three days then, that is normal. They can have a slight discharge for a week or so. The calf will move a bit before she has it to postion to be born. But if she has been getting up and down for three days looking distressed with the water broke, then call the vet.

Frosty":29cf34y4 said:
I have a herferd in labor,showing sins of calf moving all around tailup in air leaking stream of reddish yellow fluid for 4 days now,do you think it might be a breach?
Well lets see....I'm having a little trouble seeing her from here...jeez. IT MIGHT BE DAMN NEAR ANYTHING! How do you expect anybody to tell you over the computer??? Do like the guy said and call the vet if you havent got enough sense to stick your freaking arm in her to find out

Frosty, you are a lot smarter than our average poster, figuring out how to use the BOLD on your very first post. bravo! you'd almost think you'd done it before.

You might consider calling a vet if your cow is still alive (unlikely if shes been laboring for 4+ days.)

Frosty .. I am a woman rancher, calving out most the cows myself.. If I ever have a doubt about unusual behavior of a cow close to calving, I will run her in and go inside of her to check to see if everything is ok.. You'll have to let us know how the outcome was, hope the calf was still alive for you ... Mare

Latest posts