herf pics

Help Support CattleToday:

iowahawkeyes

Reaction score
IMG_1165_1.jpg

a sept 07 Channing heifer we raised, someone was talking about Channing front ends so I thought I'd show this one. She is smaller than our Jan and Feb heifers, but I really like her neck extension, doesn't look real deep, especially compared to the Jan, but she's thick and has a nice big hoof.

IMG_1170_1.jpg

A Jan 08 P606 heifer. We bought her and she does ok showing. There are some pretty good heifers in Iowa. I love her depth of body, underline, and easy fleshing ability. Would like to clean up the front end. She's a peach to show.

IMG_1171_1.jpg

IMG_0273_1.jpg

IMG_9658_1.jpg

This 3 pics are the Manhattan/Kilo heifer I put up last year. She can look really good or not so good depending on the day. Part of the problem is she is so long she can't hold it together, plus she's a turd in the ring.

IMG_1172_1.jpg

Here is our steer. He's a Hard Drive. Easy grower, just okay in the ring, not real flashy. He's going to Jr. Natls. We are taking a cow/calf pair to Jr. Natls also, but i don't have any pics of them. Take note of the heavy coats, it's been cold here!

Nice animals. I like the second heifer a lot, though I do agree with you about trimming her up in the front.

That second heifer is a nice heifer. I like the third also, and can relate to having animals too long. I usually had to tuck the feet in some and really push up the belly. The steer looks good too. Do many herefords win shows around you? I know at the Nebraska State Fair a couple years back a hereford steer (either was purebred or was close to being purebred) won the whole show.

Really like the conformation and type of the P606, her pasterns are a little steep though.

Good bone on the Channing heifer and more than enough neck extension, later maturing type than I expected from Channing.

Not too keen on the Kilo/Manhatten heifer, struggles to carry her length, I'd also prefer her a little deeper.

The steer is a little shallow in the front pasterns, but I guess that is why he is a steer in the first place.

Latest posts