Herf Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

BIGMUD":cj1c2x91 said:
brutus.jpg

he needs some feed to fill him out some.the good thing is he made it though the twister.

NO idea what happened there just glad its not my pasture
He is for sale, that was the pic sent to me
I thought he was a little thin

BIGMUD":1qeytzy3 said:

I'm sure there are better bulls for sale at the same asking price. He would have to be priced pretty cheap. Then I guess if you just wanted a bull he would work.

There is only one place for that bull and it is not with cows.

I'd like to see him again in a better picture, and after he's been out on some grass and had the opportunity be in a better Body Condition Score. I don't think he'd look nearly as bad.

Ryan":2cbsz0ti said:
I'd like to see him again in a better picture, and after he's been out on some grass and had the opportunity be in a better Body Condition Score. I don't think he'd look nearly as bad.
Agreed. But will he look good enough?

the bull looks to have the breeding behind him.so yes if you pour the feed to him for 60 days.youd like what you see.

bigbull338":ibllf71t said:
the bull looks to have the breeding behind him.so yes if you pour the feed to him for 60 days.youd like what you see.

Looks like he needs a very very strong wormer first of all.

TexasBred":15psxq3h said:
bigbull338":15psxq3h said:

Looks like he needs a very very strong wormer first of all.

I was thinking since you'll have him in the chute, you might as well use the burdizzo.

I think that bull has been though an ordeal with the tornado. It is still cold where he is and the trees are just beginning to green a little. I am going to say that he has had little to eat and had to use a lot of stored body fat to stay warm. The tornado might of wiped out fences and he was gone for days like a lot of cattle around here a few years ago. I would say some grain would turn him around if you wanted to see what he looked like. He looks really thick through his girth and is long. He appears to have a decent hip on him and of course, the butt always goes away when starved. His backbone is sticking up. I have seen a lot worse when starved down.
Chuckie

BIGMUD":1eubvd2e said:

How can you be sure this had anything to do with a tornado? I see no mention the pasture condition was caused by a tornado. I've seen plenty of run down pastures like that, they usally have cattle that look like that or worse and the area has never seen a tornado, flood or anything except lazy land owners.

Alan

I don't usually see someone pile trees up to burn that have been partially cut and twisted tin mixed in with it. That is one indicator of of tornado damage. The bull is standing next to the pile and I am willing to bet that if the dozier had to run around in that area to clean up that pile, he had to run pretty wide. The ground is stripped pretty good in that area. A tornado can run miles on the ground. It slings wood with nails, tin and everything you can imagine over a perfectly clean pasture.

Maybe the tornado debris is just a background for the bull, but he had definitely missed quite a few meals.
Chuckie

Don't pay attention the the dates on the camera, they are not set. This messed up a 75 area of feeding area for cattle and the fences. A lot of people couldn't get things together quick enough and sold their cows off quickly. It took down all barns and sheds. Tore the old homeplace up. Didn't hurt one single cow.
Chuckie
P0001662.jpg

P0001682.jpg

Latest posts