Here's one for ya (Now with Video!)

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
This bull actually turned a year old yesterday (July 6). Just thought I'd give yall a few pictures to look at.

Feel free to comment, critique, rip apart, or whatever else you desire.

Pictured at 1.5 - 2 months
Sweeties_Redemption_Bull_-_04.jpg

Picture was taken probably in late March or early April
SanddollarDreamOn001_Small_.jpg

Picture taken about the 10th of June (actually it is a still captured from a video)
Sanddollar-Dream-On.jpg

I'm working on having some video of him (and others) available for viewing soon. YouTube was under "maintenance" last night, and I can't upload them to YouTube here at work due to the network

Ryan

Thanks for the compliment on the cow (and calf), but its not momma. That cow is born the same year as mom (pictured below). Above cow and the mom are half sisters (same dad) both weigh right at 1300 lbs.

Here's momma, at 3 yrs old. She's the "All-Time Winningest Texas Longhorn" Which means she won more championships under more judges than any other animal in the history of the breed.

SD_SWEETIES_REDEMPTION.jpg

Good cattle as always Ryan.

You've nearly convinced me to go into Longhorns - but I haven't seen any with the quality of yours over here yet!

looks like he is growing into a fine looking herd bull.an his momma looks tobe a heck of a cow.

Thanks for the compliments on him and mama. And, Yall are right about mama. She had that "WOW-factor" when entering the ring. More than a couple judges used that term. She's been a heckuva producer for us, although she's produced 100% bulls. Two bulls before this one was World Grand Champion bull, and the above bull has won a couple championships, too.

Here's video of him (hopefully):

[youtube]qxoQG7R4v4E[/youtube]

Thoughts on the video, and him in the video?

Ryan

Aero":94m6ueeh said:
video has some aspect ratio problems

Can you elaborate? What are you seeing that wrong, or that could be better? This is my first time to finalize the videos, and this video in particular is of a different format, its made for viewing on an iPhone, actually.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ryan,
Do your Longhorns get grain feed or are they just on pasture? They sure are nice, beautiful animals. I hope your very proud because you should be!

BARNSCOOP":1te20v41 said:
Ryan,
Do your Longhorns get grain feed or are they just on pasture? They sure are nice, beautiful animals. I hope your very proud because you should be!

I am very proud of them, Thank You.

The herd lives on pasture. Our main avenue of marketing is show cattle. So, our youngsters get grain. If they are on the show circuit they get pushed pretty good. If they are just being kept back for replacement/breeding purposes they just get some for supplement. This bull in particular is right in the middle, as far as the amount of grain he receives. I'd like to push him some, but we had him with a couple heifers that were plenty fleshy (in other words, they were getting a bit fat). So, he the equivalent of what we give our "easier keeping" show heifers.

Ryan

Would you consider posting some pictures of the cattle you have on straight pasture? I would like to see within the genetics you are using the difference in pasture only ,grain fed some and then pushed hard.

Ryan":1u4szqyw said:
Aero":1u4szqyw said:
video has some aspect ratio problems

Can you elaborate? What are you seeing that wrong, or that could be better? This is my first time to finalize the videos, and this video in particular is of a different format, its made for viewing on an iPhone, actually.

Thanks,

Ryan

I can see the problem. The calf is distorted, sort of smushed looking. I did not watch the whole video.

I believe that the picture dimensions for the iPhone do not work well with youtube.

Killala":q5qk3sj6 said:

You've nearly convinced me to go into Longhorns - but I haven't seen any with the quality of yours over here yet!

Killala-

...and you probably won't see any "over there" with the quality that Ryan has "over here"! I haven't seen any ANYWHERE with the beef quality and Longhorn characteristics as he has! You can always come over here and acquire a few head, import them "over there", and be on the Longhorn Ground Floor - Down Under!

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":10qpg8ae said:
Killala":10qpg8ae said:

Killala-

...and you probably won't see any "over there" with the quality that Ryan has "over here"! I haven't seen any ANYWHERE with the beef quality and Longhorn characteristics as he has! You can always come over here and acquire a few head, import them "over there", and be on the Longhorn Ground Floor - Down Under!

DOC HARRIS

Doc....

You have no idea how much I would love to do that... unfortunately, I don't think the bank balance will allow that for some time. but, maybe in a few years... :cboy:

In the meantime, I'd be interested in forming a syndicate with any other Aussies out there if they're interested :D (bit like the SP's!)

Ryan, your cattle are just so enjoyable to look at- if I ever make it over your way I will have to come and have a proper look! :banana:

Killala,

You, and anyone else (here or there) are more than welcome to come and take a look. We love having visitors.

I know there are some LH's over there, and I know (for the most part) the genetics that sent over. I think I've probably got a good idea of the general type of LH over there. I wonder how much different the climate/mgmt styles/parasites/forages/etc... affect the growth/production of the animals? That's always interested me some...

Thanks for the compliments, and I'm glad yall enjoy looking at the pictures I post, too.

Ryan

Wish I could come tour! Jacksboro is a long way from southeastern Tennessee . I am making a trip to the Houston area most likely before winter but that's far..far..from Jackboro. Darn it!

Latest posts