Here's One for the Dogs Pt.2

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms

Reaction score
MVC-003S.jpg
Not the exact shot I wanted, Does not do justice to her, (Mother of Heifer I posted)

you can sure see where the heifer gets her frame from. less i miss my guess that cow weans off a big calf every yr . she has lots of condition. scott

What kind of grazing do you have on your place up there in Tennessee? Is it fescue? It seems that what I've heard is true...cattle containing Brahman blood are not affected by the endophyte fungus to the degree that British and Continental breeds are. The two animals in the picture are fleshed out well and slick as buttons. Good looking pair!
J. T.

J. T.":1nwulpi2 said:
What kind of grazing do you have on your place up there in Tennessee? Is it fescue? It seems that what I've heard is true...cattle containing Brahman blood are not affected by the endophyte fungus to the degree that British and Continental breeds are. The two animals in the picture are fleshed out well and slick as buttons. Good looking pair!
J. T.
J.T. It's predominantly fescue. Right now predominantly thin. We are on Hills and Hollers here, tend to dry out real fast, of course that would have nothing do do with 94-96 degrees everyday and not a drop of rain in almost 3 weeks.They say the Brahman blood is not affected by the Endophtyes in Fescue. A lot of my Cattle are Beefmaster Crosses. Thanks for the compliment! BTW, I do notice my European crosses do tend to heat up on Fescue, I put out a Fescue Fighter Mineral, seems to help a little bit, but they still spend a lot of time at the ponds.

Latest posts