Here's a little bit of Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

csutton

Reaction score
Well, this is what our place looked like when we bought it in April. It looks better in the spring than it does now.

I like it! There are parts of the farm that I grew up on that looked like that...mesquite trees and all. Aren't ya' glad ya' have it?

Alice

Thanks all for the compliments.

Alice,
I am very glad to have it. Especially since I am 26 and this is my first peace of land to own. Not crazy about the mesquites, but they do make for nice scenery.

Angus in Texas,
Our place is about 5-6 miles east of Mart.

Brahma Bull
I haven't seen any deer yet, but the neighbor across the road has 300 acres of "hunting ground" that the state funds I guess. I have seen some coyotes out there though. Hopefully after the fence row gets cleared and a new fence built I will start working on the cow part.

You're 26? And you have this piece of property? That's absolutely wonderful. Congratulations! Hang onto it forever...

Alice :)

Its 25 acres there. I'll try to get a camera out this weekend to take some "current" pictures. Right now it looks bad because the dozer guy couldn't push down all of the trees. So the fence row is horrible. Plus right now all the grass is dead because it hasn't rained out there in 3-4 months. I figure its gonna take a few years for me to get it like I want it.

Yeah I would get rid of most of the mesquites trees or they will take over the pasture.I gotta do that on my mom's farm,I been neglecting past few years.Only a couple on my farm.The mesquites make it look like South Texas,pretty good BBQ wood.
There is a part of Pearl Harbor Ha. looks pretty close to the South Texas too,similar looking trees very dry grass.

Alice":19m5dc2j said:
I like it! There are parts of the farm that I grew up on that looked like that...mesquite trees and all. Aren't ya' glad ya' have it?

Alice
Just found out those trees in Hawaii are keawe(kay-ah-vay),a cousin to mesquite.They use it to smoke and bbq too.Saw on the net Keawe Trail,a painting.Looks like South Texas to me.

Latest posts