Here's a couple of pics

Help Support CattleToday:

rocket2222

Reaction score
Moved a couple into a lot with some decent grass growing, they need fattening up. :nod: Got dark real quick tonight.

Yearling heifer.

IMG_334211.jpg

One thats somewhere around 18 months

IMG_329211.jpg

And one about 23 months old, which I moved to a fall calver, and then decided to move everything to spring calving, so I'll have to move her back. Good management, errrr. :roll:

IMG_333111.jpg

Baldie Maker":16x4maxl said:
Are these all out of your current herd sire? Also curious as to why to moved to spring calving?

I'm hoping I'll be able to manage pastures better, with just the one calving season, also have all the calves ratio against one another. A few years back I fed better quality hay, had a liquid protein tub filled for the winter (mol-mix). Now I treat them more like a commercial herd, average quality hay, no mol-mix. Cows still do just fine, they start to lose a little conditioning about weaning time, spring grasses are growing then, so it works out pretty good. What I did see though, was pretty good drop in weaning weights in the fall calves when I took away all the extras, so in the end it was a no-brainer for me. Yearling calf from the present bull, the other two are by my old bull, 4088

4088web1.jpg