Herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

I heard last march that Pedretti's and Coopers were releasing 30 more straws on 9126 at $100 a staw for ET work,"if I remember right". I still have 10 9126 straws in my tank, maybe it will be like Keynote 20X semen in a few years and be worth $2,000.00 a straw :D . My luck that will be the day my tank fails me. 9126 did leave a lot of good sons and daughters behind.

The pure gold bull has lots of chrome on him and more and more people are wanting rednecked and google eyes. I dont know about the calves but they sure seem good from all the show reports. You probably had better stick to polled bulls if your trying to build into selling bulls to people. Some people just dont want horns. JHH

Just wondering if you guys know anything about CJH Harland 408 ?? He is a 9126J son. I'm in Canada and looking for some Horned semen--most semen is not qualified to come Canada--if anyone knows of some that is I'd sure like to know. Thanks

I realy liked the CJH Harland 408 bull, I was at the disperstion when he sold. He is very complete. I liked his dam very well also. I'm not sure if he has export semen. Holdens offer export semen on some bulls I believe. They have less problems passing the blue tongue test being further north.

Thanks for the advice--we can get semen on Harland, so I think we'll try some--it's nice to talk to someone who has seen him and his mother--all I have seen are pictures--if I had more time I really should go see him myself. I will try Holdens as well--they are actually quite close to me--so I could go have a look there.