Herefords Around Calgary

Help Support CattleToday:

Sounds like you had a good time. Seeing the horrors that people keep for cows in the back forty says a lot about their reasons for ranching and what you could possibly end up with! :lol: . I would never keep a cow whose ligaments have failed and has a sagging udder, you just are asking for work at some point. Shipped many, many cows over the last 15 years for that reason, and the herd shows the results of doing that.

Since you going on a SW SK mission, I have another breeder to suggest in case it's not on your list. Gillespie Hereford Ranch. I think I would take the time to scope them out. They look to have some really powerful cows. They are one of the consignors to the Ranch Ready Bull Sale in Mankota. Randiliana might have some insight on their cattle, as she is from that general area.

Also, I have no idea what Dorrance's cattle at T-Bar-K in Wawota are like anymore, but I would be keen to find out what they have to offer. They used to be big in performance.

T Bar K was big in performance, along with bad feet and udders. We had about 20 cows from Kevin at one time, they lasted a few years, and there isnt a cow on the place with any of the breeding in her background. He might have changed things, but last I saw them they were the same kinda cows. Talk to Gillespie's already, gonna head that way as well one day. Really interested in Lohner's and Triple A. Known Murray since I was a kid, but never seen his cows.

Latest posts