hereford X holstein photos

Help Support CattleToday:

KNERSIE

Reaction score
I need a few photos of hereford x holstein calves if anyone has any or know where to find them on the net please e-mail them to me. A friend needs to do an article and need these photos, but I haven't got any in digital format and my scanner wouldn't give the desired quality.

Sorry, I only have Gelbvieh crosses. I did a search and not much out there but did find a pic of these Herf cross Holstein oxen.

herfholsteincross.jpg

Hopefully someone has some of their own and can get a few pics for your friend.

googling herefordfriesian might expand the options a little.

I found this fairly quickly, tho the quality is appalling: http://www.herefords.com/hfprime.html (about a third of the way down, those are NZ animals so Frx not holstein cross)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=57426&hilit=+brown+swiss
The standing black calf is a HerefordFriesian, almost certainly with some Jersey in his make-up (the speckled face). I still have him, he's about nine weeks old now. The other black calf is showing increasingly Jersey traits as he gets older.

edit: adding another link
http://www.herefords.co.nz/assoc_nzhdb_main.php

Yeah, I will have to go out and take them in a bit but I will get you some. One is red (weaned) and one is black (week old).

You wanted calves right?

BTW, there is a chance that the reddish calf that I sent you a pic of is 1/16 Brown Swiss. The guy they came from said he wasn't but you never know.

herf_cross_calves_nine_weeks_June_09.JPG
herf_cross_calves_2.JPG
herf_cross_calves_3.JPG
herf_cross_calves_and_314.JPG

Those from this morning - the files are downsized for uploading but can e-mail full size (2.3 MB) if any of them look suitable.
My farmer owner has the real thing (no speckle-faces) up on the hill but they're about a year old or even more.

regolith":1iv7fsk1 said:
herf_cross_calves_nine_weeks_June_09.JPG
herf_cross_calves_2.JPG
herf_cross_calves_3.JPG
herf_cross_calves_and_314.JPG

Those from this morning - the files are downsized for uploading but can e-mail full size (2.3 MB) if any of them look suitable.
My farmer owner has the real thing (no speckle-faces) up on the hill but they're about a year old or even more.

Latest posts