Hereford Sale At Denver 2009

Help Support CattleToday:

greenwillowhereford II

Reaction score
Will be Jan. 16.

A few of these really caught my attention when looking through Hereford World.

A favorite: TDP Vintage 402U ET, Lot 13 bull. Sired by SHF Ribeye. There are some genetics here that I am very partial to. I hadn't really paid attention before now that Ribeye's dam was HVH Miss Hudson 83K 8M, sired by MSU MF Hudson 19H. This makes her a half sister to the 9 year old HVH Hudson bull who is the senior herdsire for Flying G Ranch. He is the sire of two herd bulls I've owned, and they've worked well for me. There's more to like in this pedigree as well. His BW 86, WW 885(205 day) REA 9.58 and Marbling 3.9 at 176 days. The numbers probably aren't flukes; one of the bulls I owned with close bloodlines had a 70#BW, 804# 205 without creep.

The embryos out of the dam of the above bull are also interesting.

The two Star Lake pregnant recipients with pregnancies by Online out of an 8020 daughter and grandaughter would be very tempting as well. The dams are Gerber cows.

Then there is my least favorite animal in the sale: FFF Torpedo 822T. He looks to me like a crossbred steer prospect lacking depth and muscle. He is long and has loads of pigment, but ......

The only thing I would really be interested in is the SHF flush

I also liked that bull calf, he looked good in the picture they had of him

Matt

All it takes is a a strong stomach a strong arm and some money and that flush is yours. Dont let the alltitude get to your senses or you might come home with more. :cboy:

Jeff

I agree on the Torpedo bull but turn to page 10 in the Hereford World supplement part (it seems to be mis-numbered) and there is another bull from that farm that looks very similar that is leased to Genex.
It's under the Jensen bros ad.

iowahawkeyes":inb6weg5 said:
I agree on the Torpedo bull but turn to page 10 in the Hereford World supplement part (it seems to be mis-numbered) and there is another bull from that farm that looks very similar that is leased to Genex.
It's under the Jensen bros ad.

He looks somewhat better in phenotype than the other, but I don't like him either.

Latest posts