Hereford Question

Help Support CattleToday:

SRBeef - I've seen pictures of your cattle on another message board that you share quite a bit on and I think a lot of people would be pretty proud of the type of cattle you raise - especially since it's all grass and hay fed which is really tough to do in some places in the northern states. There seems to be a lot more folks these days who live in glass houses that are throwing stones, hope it doesn't deter you from participating in discussions because if everyone agreed on the same thing there would be nothing to discuss.

EZ14, I think some of the Texas recommendations came from the original post here where someone was looking for Herefords in TX. Obviously bringing Texas bred cattle that far north would not be very practical for multiple reasons. Another place in WI you may want to look at is Pierce's Hereford Haven. They had a really nice bull that was the high seller on the Iowa Hereford sale this year and they are 1 breeder I think consistently brings some nice bulls to that sale. He was probably 1 of the few bulls we would have even considered bidding on in that sale if we were looking for a bull and we would have been out of the bidding pretty quickly as much action there was on him.

Yep. The Huth bull that Jim has is impressive. He would improve a lot of cattle that I have seen on this website. Jim just needs to get some angus cows to put with him. LOL.

DOC HARRIS":a4hu5m0j said:
So - I have quit wasting my time. Life is too short, and inasmuch as my Oncologist has told me that I have only about a year to live at this juncture - it seems that my 90 years of beef knowledge is going to die with me rather than arguing with those who don't know and don't want to know.

DOC HARRIS

Why not just start your own thread and write down whatever thoughts and comments you have. No need to reply to anyone within it if you don't want to. But atleast your thoughts and stories will be wrote down. Similar to the idaman thread, which was a great read.

Supa Dexta":1fl6j3r4 said:
DOC HARRIS":1fl6j3r4 said:
So - I have quit wasting my time. Life is too short, and inasmuch as my Oncologist has told me that I have only about a year to live at this juncture - it seems that my 90 years of beef knowledge is going to die with me rather than arguing with those who don't know and don't want to know.

DOC HARRIS

Why not just start your own thread and write down whatever thoughts and comments you have. No need to reply to anyone within it if you don't want to. But atleast your thoughts and stories will be wrote down. Similar to the idaman thread, which was a great read.
i was going to say the same thing :nod:

REDBULL34":2r1omjck said:
Sorry. Northeast Texas
Pm sent.
These people are the only way ones that I considered to have better cattle than mine.
Sent quite a few their way since I downsized and don't play with registered anymore.
They are worth talking too.

Latest posts